[comp.sys.amiga] Where can you get AmigaBasic manuals?

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (06/29/89)

Anyone know how to get new copies of the AmigaBasic manual?  I do a fair amount
of Basic hacking and my manual is completely falling apart.  I checked with my
local dealer, and not only did he not have any, but he has never even seen
ANYTHING from Commodore that might indicate that new copies were available at
all (e.g., no such book appears in the list of documents he can order from
C-A).  He conjectured that it might be orderable as a replacement part,
although he wasn't sure (he couldn't recall SEEING such an entry in the parts
list, but then he's never looked for it).

Anyone know the real answer?  I'd be happy to order it as a "replacement part",
although that feels like an odd distribution channel for a manual, no?

tnx /bernie\

givler@cbmvax.UUCP ( Customer Support) (06/29/89)

In article <42110@bbn.COM> cosell@BBN.COM (Bernie Cosell) writes:
>Anyone know how to get new copies of the AmigaBasic manual?

>He conjectured that it might be orderable as a replacement part,
>although he wasn't sure (he couldn't recall SEEING such an entry in the parts
>list, but then he's never looked for it).

It's there but I am at home, so I dont have the part number and price for the
manual. If you can E-Mail me I will get that info out to you. If my memory
serves me right, I think the price is around $15.00 plus $3.00 shipping and
Handling.

Greg Givler                        Q-Link: Commodore
Telecommunications Coordinator     CompuServe: CBM/Support 76703,2047
Commodore Customer Support         INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.uucp
215-436-4200 (Support Line)        OR :::::: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
"Life is pain, Highness, anyone who says differently is selling something"
 - The Dread Pirate Roberts -- The Princess Bride