[comp.sys.amiga] Archives of virus eliminators for Amiga

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (06/29/89)

I found the following in comp.virus:

From: jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright)
Newsgroups: comp.virus
Subject: Amiga anti-viral archives
Date: 22 Jun 89 12:23:16 GMT
Sender: Virus Discussion List <VIRUS-L@IBM1.CC.Lehigh.EDU>

# Anti-viral archive sites for the Amigoids...
# Listing of 22 June 1989

cs.hw.ac.uk
	Dave Ferbrache <davidf@cs.hw.ac.uk>
	NIFTP from JANET sites, login as "guest".
	Electronic mail to <info-server@cs.hw.ac.uk>.
	Main access is through mail server.
	The master index for the virus archives can be retrieved as
		request: virus
		topic: index
	The Amiga index for the virus archives can be retrieved as
		request: amiga
		topic: index
	For further details send a message with the text
		help
	The administrative address is <infoadm@cs.hw.ac.uk>

ms.uky.edu
	Sean Casey <sean@ms.uky.edu>
	Access is through anonymous ftp.
	The Amiga anti-viral archives can be found in /pub/amiga/Antivirus.
	The IP address is 128.163.128.6.

pd-software.lancaster.ac.uk
	Steve Jenkins <pdsoft@pd-software.lancaster.ac.uk>
	I'm not sure of access, but you Brits ought to know by now. :-)

uxe.cso.uiuc.edu
	Lionel Hummel <hummel@cs.uiuc.edu>
	Currently, the anti-viral archives don't have a home of their own.
	There is a lot of stuff to be found throughout the Fish collection.
	The IP address is 128.174.5.54.

- --
Jim Wright
jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) (06/29/89)

In article <289@tardis.Tymnet.COM> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
| I found the following in comp.virus:
|
| Subject: Amiga anti-viral archives

Hmmm...  Looks familiar.  :-)

I've tried to make the archives as complete as possible.  If anyone
comes across a new anti-viral tool for the Amiga, I'd appreciate it
if you could send a copy my way.  I'll make sure it reaches the
archive sites around the world.  Also, if anyone can provide a mail
based archive server of some sort, I'm sure many people will apreciate
it.

I'll write up a short summary of what I've found so far.  More later...