[comp.sys.amiga] F/A 18 Interceptor

helen@zen.co.uk (Helen Grayson) (06/19/89)

I have a friend who cannot sink the submarine even after filling it full
of missiles.  Is there a specific part to aim at or a threshold number
of hits?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

stephen@hpdml93.HP.COM (Stephen Holmstead) (06/24/89)

In her article, Helen Grayson writes:

>I have a friend who cannot sink the submarine even after filling it full
>of missiles.  Is there a specific part to aim at or a threshold number
>of hits?

Me, too!!  Sorry to post this here, but my e-mail keeps bouncing.  If
anyone has the solution to sinking that stupid sub, please e-mail it to
me (I really wanna finish that game).

>Thanks in advance.

Same here.

Stephen Holmstead
stephen%hpdmlge@hplabs.HP.COM                   //
Hewlett Packard Disk Memory Division          \X/  Amiga Forever!
(208) 323-2840

I remind you that humans are only a tiny minority in this galaxy.
	-- Spock, "The Apple," stardate 3715.6.

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (06/24/89)

In article <380024@hpdml93.HP.COM> stephen@hpdml93.HP.COM (Stephen Holmstead) writes:
>In her article, Helen Grayson writes:
>>I have a friend who cannot sink the submarine even after filling it full
>>of missiles.  Is there a specific part to aim at or a threshold number
>>of hits?

Would you believe that the sub is an insidious device designed to make
game players waste hours trying to destroy something that can't be
destroyed?  That is the serious answer.  Do NOT try to kill the sub,
it can't be done because it is not part of the mission.  Kill the remaining
airplane to go to the next level.  [This probably should be included in
the "Intro to comp.sys.amiga" monthly posting.]
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

davidb@psych.toronto.edu (David Brodbeck) (06/30/89)

In article <1620@zen.co.uk> helen@zen.co.uk (Helen Grayson) writes:

>I have a friend who cannot sink the submarine even after filling it full
>of missiles.  Is there a specific part to aim at or a threshold number
>of hits?
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks in advance.

NOT THIS AGAIN!  :-)

Anyway, you just hang out around the sub and shoot down the cruise missle
and MIGS that come after you.  You may have to land for fuel, arms etc.  Once
you shoot 'em all down you get the mission complete message
--
      //  | Dave Brodbeck - University of Toronto Psychology |   GO
     //   | davidb@psych.toronto.edu                         | EXPOS

tarquin@zen.co.uk (Ian Mitchell ) (07/01/89)

Thanks to all who replied to my sub-sinking question.  I have since
finished the final mission.  This was achieved by shooting down 4
planes with 4 missiles and leaving the sub well alone.

Tarqs