[comp.sys.amiga] Joystick in Port 2 in C...HELP!!!!!!

smsst5@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Steve M Suhy) (06/27/89)

     I have posted this message about 3 times and I know someone
has got to have the answer to it out there, but does anyone have any
source code in C for a joysick in port 2 (including fire button). I
have a routine for port 1 but that's such an inconvenience to pull out
the mouse...etc. Any help....I'm getting desperate!

-Steve

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (07/01/89)

In article <18574@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu> smsst5@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Steve M Suhy) writes:
> does anyone have any
>source code in C for a joysick in port 2 (including fire button).

Look on Fred Fish disk #33 for Leo Schwab's BigMap program.  It is a short
program that demonstrates how to use the joystick to control a program
that scrolls around in a SuperBitMap.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

aegnor@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (David C. Powell) (07/04/89)

>In article <18574@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu> smsst5@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Steve M Suhy) writes:
>> does anyone have any
>>source code in C for a joysick in port 2 (including fire button).

If you can find one (used or whatever...) the White Cover addition of the RKM
has a 'complete' source starting on page 133 in section 3, and ends on page
138 of section 3.  It is in 'C' and tests for moves & fire button presses...

I have NOT typed it in, so can NOT vouch for the code..  ;-)
(Volume 1 of the ROM Kernal Manual, revision 2, 12/9/85)

--------------------------YA1.4R------------------------------------

Also, *I* have something I would like to see in 1.4..  Yup, Yet Another 1.4
Request!

Modify WorkBench copies of single/multiple files to check destination disk
for 1)amount of space on disk ("Hmmm...  copy 534K when 'I' only have 300K
free?  NO, report fact to user" "Not enough space on destination disk, XK
available, XK to copy, free up space or use another disk") 2)Same named
file on destination disk ("Hmmm... copy 'FOO' to destination when 'FOO' exists,
NO, report fact to user" "File exists on destination disk, REPLACE or CANCEL)
and optionally do this on the CLI level, though it is NOT that important
when you can do a 'quick look' yourself to check on size/names existing on
the destination...

Thanks for listening CA!

                                  David C. Powell
                                  M.I.S. Senior
                                  Ball State University
                                  Muncie, Indiana

*-David Powell :ARPA: aegnor@bsu-cs.bsu.edu--------------------------*
| \/ President :UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!aegnor       |
| /\etwnk Industries, Ltd. :                                         |
*-"If it doesn't work, we DIDN'T do it!"-----------------------------*