[comp.sys.amiga] The Amiga is a Chameleon

A few months ago I posted an April Fools posting from the future about the
'new' Amiga 4000 with the Playdo (tm) buss. Whatever hardware you plugged into
the buss convinced the Amiga that it was indeed compatible with the hardware
and would merrily run along thinking that it was a cray, vax, etc.

With all the new emulations coming out, I think I was closer to the truth than
I realized:

1> BridgeCard - Let's Amiga run MSDOS, OS/2 and use IBM hardware.

2> Amax - Amy emulates a Macintosh

3> Someone mentioned that an Apple ][ emulator for the Mac might work under
Amax.

4> Commodore is working on Unix Sys V for Amiga.

5> X windows is being worked on.

6> Someone mentioned wanting to start working on an Atari ST emulator.

7> There was a public domain CP/M emulator on the net a few months ago

8> There are a couple Commmodore 64 emulators out there.

Sheesh. If the Apple ][ and ST emulator are realized the Amiga would become
compatible with most of the personal computers on the market. All this and
multitasking too.

It's mind boggling isn't it?

Bogglingly yours,

--
John Sparks   |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps
If you've seen one nuclear war, you've seen them all.

A1S@PSUVM.BITNET (Andrew Snyder) (06/29/89)

Just a note.  There is an apple ][ card available for IBM.  I imagine it would
fit in a bridge board slot nicely...

Andrew

A1S @ PSUVM                         Have a day.  :-|

iddos@TAURUS.BITNET (07/04/89)

In article <89180.003048A1S@PSUVM> A1S@PSUVM.BITNET (Andrew Snyder) writes:
>Just a note.  There is an apple ][ card available for IBM.  I imagine it would
>fit in a bridge board slot nicely...

Another note. There is a IBM-Transformer card for the Apple ][. Now do
you suppose the Apple ][ emulator for the IBM which is stuck in a bridge
slot sees those slots as Apple ][ slots? Then you could re-transform your
Amiga into an IBM <AT>. I tell you, the future is here.

Ido (The ID) Amin --- iddos@taurus.BITNET --- My opinions are mines

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (07/05/89)

In article <1042@taurus.BITNET>, iddos@TAURUS.BITNET writes:
> Another note. There is a IBM-Transformer card for the Apple ][. Now do
> you suppose the Apple ][ emulator for the IBM which is stuck in a bridge
> slot sees those slots as Apple ][ slots? Then you could re-transform your
> Amiga into an IBM <AT>. I tell you, the future is here.

...and it is a sick future indeed.
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl
-- free Usenet access: (713) 438-5018