[comp.sys.amiga] 80 meg quantum drive for sale

wpl@PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) (07/07/89)

I have a quantum 80 meg drive for sale (has never been used, but has
a slight modification on the power line of the SCSI interface due
to a screw severing the power line).  It was a drive on loan to me which
I had to buy (because of the power problem).  There is nothing wrong
with the drive and it passes all burnin tests.  The price is
$870.00 (firm).  The best price I've seen is $935.00, so it's a pretty
good deal.  I'm selling it only because I can't use it now, I have a 180
meg drive in the slot it was going to occupy.

I'll pay the shipping; I prefer money order, or certified check  (I have to
pay for the 180 meg right away).

Call 215-265-6833 if your interested (leave a message if I don't answer)
or send me email.

William Loftus
565 Hansen Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
William P Loftus                        UUCP:   wpl@burdvax.UUCP
Unisys/Paoli Research Center            ARPA:   wpl@anarchy.prc.unisys.com
PO Box 517                              215-354-0614 (home)
Paoli, PA 19301                         215-648-7248 (work)

jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) (07/07/89)

In article <10772@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> wpl@PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) writes:
| I have a quantum 80 meg drive for sale (has never been used, but has
| a slight modification on the power line of the SCSI interface due
| to a screw severing the power line).  It was a drive on loan to me which
| I had to buy (because of the power problem).  There is nothing wrong
| with the drive and it passes all burnin tests.  The price is
| $870.00 (firm).  The best price I've seen is $935.00, so it's a pretty
| good deal.  I'm selling it only because I can't use it now, I have a 180
| meg drive in the slot it was going to occupy.

Quantum 80mb drive...$869
Electronic Ecstasy, p.94, August 89 AmigaWorld

disclaimer - I know nothing about "electronic ecstasy", I'm just looking
	     for an upgrade in the drive department.

--
Jim Wright
jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu

bryan@cs.utexas.edu (Bryan Bayerdorffer @ Wit's End) (07/07/89)

In article <10772@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> wpl@PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) writes:
=-$870.00 (firm).  The best price I've seen is $935.00, so it's a pretty

	Oh woe is me.  How am I gonna sleep nights knowing that I paid MacLand
$875 for my Q80S, and all I got for my extra fiver was a two year warranty
(doubled using AMEX), and 2nd day air shipping.  Sad sad sad.

/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/
|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
_No dark sarcasm in the classroom|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
|____Teachers leave the kids alone__|_____|_____|_____|_bryan@cs.utexas.edu___|
___|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|{vertebrae...}!cs.utexas.edu!bryan_|___
|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|

roadman@portia.Stanford.EDU (arthur walker) (07/07/89)

In article <10772@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM>, wpl@PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) writes:
> I have a quantum 80 meg drive for sale (has never been used, but has
> $870.00 (firm).  The best price I've seen is $935.00, so it's a pretty
> good deal.  I'm selling it only because I can't use it now, I have a 180
'yer not lookin too hard, 'cause "macland" in macworld or macuser or macfubar
sells the 3.5" Quantum 80s for $800.  If you're talking about the 5.25" HH
Q280, CSS in milpitas CA sells them for $595.

> William Loftus

Art Walker
roadman@portia.stanford.edu

wpl@PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) (07/07/89)

oops.  Sorry that price should have been $820, not $870.
--
William Loftus  (215) 265-6833