[comp.sys.amiga] ILBM

cal@helios (Cal Delaney) (06/27/89)

When I try to compile mandelvroom I get a 'file not found'
error.  Looking for #include <iff/ilbm>.  I have searched
all directories of my Manx 3.6 compiler and cannot find this
file.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Cal

kevin@uts.amdahl.com (Kevin Clague) (06/27/89)

In article <8142@saturn.ucsc.edu> you write:
>When I try to compile mandelvroom I get a 'file not found'
>error.  Looking for #include <iff/ilbm>.  I have searched
>all directories of my Manx 3.6 compiler and cannot find this
>file.  Anyone have a suggestion?
>
>Cal

The IFF includes are available on the fish disks from the official
Commodore IFF distribution.  The MandelVroom distribution that
Bob Page posted to comp.sources.amiga contain these iff includes
(I believe.)  The distribution that Kim DeVaughn posted for me
on the BBS's and stuff failed to include these files.

If you decide to get at the IFF includes by downloading the
stuff from comp.sources.amiga, you will also get a bug fix for
free.

The bug:  The 68020/68881 menu item in the calculation-math mode
item had it's mutual exclusion set up wrong, so it was never
usable.  I didn't have a 68020/68881 board at the time so
I didn't get the bug found/fixed.

Rick Sterling from Commodore called me to report this bug.  He says
you can use NewZap to patch the binary:  zap sector 221 offset 0a1
to a value of 0x0f (instead of 1f) and you should be able to
put it into 68020/68881 mode (presuming you have a 2620) or
something like it.  Please post this patch wherever possible so
that others can benifit from this knowledge.

Why do you need to recompile (he asks curiously)?  Did you not
get executable, or are you adding new features?

Kevin (the author of MandelVroom) Clague
--
UUCP:  kevin@uts.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,seismo,oliveb}!amdahl!kevin

[  Any thoughts or opinions which may or may not have been expressed  ]
[  herein are my own.  They are not necessarily those of my employer. ]

donw@zehntel.zehntel.com (Don White) (07/06/89)

In article <8142@saturn.ucsc.edu> cal@helios.ucsc.edu (Cal Delaney) writes:
>When I try to compile mandelvroom I get a 'file not found'
>error.  Looking for #include <iff/ilbm>.  I have searched
>all directories of my Manx 3.6 compiler and cannot find this
>file.  Anyone have a suggestion?
>
>Cal

     This file is on the IFF Docs which appear both on fish disks or when
  you send 20 bucks to Commodore.

darin@nova.laic.uucp (Darin Johnson) (07/08/89)

In article <867@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zehntel.UUCP (Don White) writes:
>In article <8142@saturn.ucsc.edu> cal@helios.ucsc.edu (Cal Delaney) writes:
>>When I try to compile mandelvroom I get a 'file not found'
>>error.  Looking for #include <iff/ilbm>.  I have searched
>>all directories of my Manx 3.6 compiler and cannot find this
>>file.  Anyone have a suggestion?
>
>     This file is on the IFF Docs which appear both on fish disks or when
>  you send 20 bucks to Commodore.

I managed to get things working by recreating these files from
Volume 2 of the RKM.  Since it was a real early version, it isn't
correct in all aspects, but it got the job done.  Also, there is
no <iff/gio.h> file printed (apparently it is a new thingy), but
I added #defines for GWrite(), GSeek(), etc. that just call
Write and Seek.  Also, I defined GFlushWrite() or whatever it is called
to be 0.  It may not be bug free, but it works for saving ILBM files.
(you also learn alot about IFF just by reading what you are typing in)

Darin Johnson (leadsv!laic!darin@pyramid.pyramid.com)
	We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.