[comp.sys.amiga] DigiView and 68020

macdonald@dickns.dec.com (Paul MacDonald, CUP/ASG, 223-3439, PKO3-1/W30) (07/11/89)

>> My real question is: Has anyone out there actually tried using a DigiView (3.0
>> software) with either a 14 MHZ 68000 and/or any 68020?

>> Steven C. Den Beste,   BBN Communications Corp., Cambridge MA
>> denbeste@bbn.com(ARPA/CSNET/UUCP)    harvard!bbn.com!denbeste(UUCP)

Yes, DigiView works with a 68020. In my case, its an A2620 board. However,
the DigiDroid appears to have a problem. It doesn't align properly when I
attempt to use it in 68020 mode. Consequently, I generally use DigiView
in 68000 mode. BTW, DigiView doesn't seem to care that I have a Fat Agnus.
Does anyone know if this is a known problem?

Paul

john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) (07/11/89)

In article <8907102005.AA29826@decwrl.dec.com> macdonald@dickns.dec.com (Paul MacDonald, CUP/ASG, 223-3439, PKO3-1/W30) writes:

>Yes, DigiView works with a 68020. In my case, its an A2620 board. However,
>the DigiDroid appears to have a problem. It doesn't align properly when I
>attempt to use it in 68020 mode. Consequently, I generally use DigiView

You have to turn off the instruction cache on the 68020, then it will
work fine.  To do this, get a copy of Dave Haynie's SetCPU v1.4 (is
1.5 out yet?  I can't remember...).

>in 68000 mode. BTW, DigiView doesn't seem to care that I have a Fat Agnus.
>Does anyone know if this is a known problem?

Can this be called a problem at all?  I'd be giving thanks to the gods
myself... especially considering how many programs seem to have
problems with Fat Agnus machines with only 1 meg of RAM.

--
John Stoffel        | john@wpi.bitnet    | What can you expect of a day
WPI, Box 2432       | john@wpi.wpi.edu   | that begins with getting up