[comp.sys.amiga] Raster to IFF

mark@shamash.cdc.com (Mark Granholm) (07/11/89)

   Does anyone out there know of a program to convert SUN raster files
   to the amiga IFF or HAM format of pictures.

			 Mark Granholm
Mark Granholm                        mark@shamash.cdc.com
Control Data Corporation

Mark A. Granholm                            E/Mail :  mark@shamash.cdc.com
Control Data Corporation                    AT&T   :  1-612-482-6681

raz@kilowatt.uucp (Raz- Berry) (07/11/89)

In article <13475@shamash.cdc.com> mark@shamash.cdc.com (Mark Granholm) writes:

>   Does anyone out there know of a program to convert SUN raster files
>   to the amiga IFF or HAM format of pictures.

 There is a set of programs that will convert Sun rasters to Amiga IFF
files (on a UNIX machine) that was posted to comp.sources.unix just
recently, called FBM (FUZZY BIT MAP).  Although they have a bewildering
array of options, and are meant more for image processing work than as
translator programs, it should do the trick.

 I don't think they will convert *to* a HAM picture, but I could be
wrong.

 In anticipation that there probably will be more than one person
interested in getting a copy of FBM, I have made it available on
kilowatt. Send mail requesting part01 thru part08 in the not-posted
directory like so:

 send not-posted part01

 If I were requesting these files I would issue one request per file
(because of the size) and send them to:

 archive-server%kilowatt@sun.com

or any other known good path to the server.

--
Steve -Raz- Berry      Disclaimer: I didn't do nutin!
UUCP: sun!kilowatt!raz                    ARPA: raz%kilowatt.EBay@sun.com

prem@geomag.fsu.edu (Prem Subramanyan) (07/12/89)

In article <13475@shamash.cdc.com> mark@shamash.cdc.com (Mark Granholm) writes:
>   Does anyone out there know of a program to convert SUN raster files
>   to the amiga IFF or HAM format of pictures.
>
>			 Mark Granholm
>Mark Granholm                        mark@shamash.cdc.com
>Control Data Corporation

  yes, there's a whole slew of pix converter programs called FBM by
  Michael Mauldin.  You can get the tar anon. ftp from nl.cs.cmu.edu,
  128.2.222.56.  Cd directly to /usr/mlm/ftp and you'll see the tar
  there.  I haven't attempted to use the program extensively for
  converting to HAM, as I generally display pictures on my Sun, but
  they say it's possible with the fbham program in the package.
  Try it out.
  --- Prem S.