[comp.sys.amiga] newshell inheriting path ??

fc@lexicon.com (Frank Cunningham) (07/10/89)

Why might it be that when autobooting and running from a hard disk, a
workbench icon started newshell does not inherit the search path setup
by the startup-sequence ?

My ss leaves a newshell up when its done. It has the correct paths,
and all CLI-started newshells started from it also have the correct
path.  But, the Newshell icon starts shells that only search cd and C:

Please email any suggestions, unless you think the answer is simple
and general. I will post the email summary.
--
-Frank Cunningham	smart: fc@lexicon.com
			dumb: {husc6,linus,harvard,bbn}!spdcc!lexicon!fc

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (07/12/89)

In article <474@lexicon.com> fc@lexicon.com (Frank Cunningham) writes:
>path.  But, the Newshell icon starts shells that only search cd and C:
>
>Please email any suggestions, unless you think the answer is simple
>and general. I will post the email summary.

Workbench snapshots the paths in effect when LoadWB is executed.  This
is the path list that is used when the Shell icon is clicked on.
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

  "It's in there."