[comp.sys.amiga] Brush to icon programs

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (06/24/89)

In article <14640@watdragon.waterloo.edu> sjorr@rose.waterloo.edu (Stephen Orr) writes:
>	Can anyone tell me where to find ANY version of Brush2Icon?
>I've been looking for some time for this useful utility, and maybe
>one to go the other way too (Icon2Brush ?) Must be PD of course!

I found 5 Fred Fish disks that contain programs for building icon from other
icons or from Dpaint brushes.

FF 101: Iconassembler
FF 120: IconImage
FF 137: SIT (Set Icon Type)
FF 182: IconMerger
FF 204: Image-Ed
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

jbh@mibte.UUCP (James Harvey) (07/05/89)

In article <273@tardis.Tymnet.COM>, jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
> In article <14640@watdragon.waterloo.edu> sjorr@rose.waterloo.edu (Stephen Orr) writes:
> >	Can anyone tell me where to find ANY version of Brush2Icon?
> >I've been looking for some time for this useful utility, and maybe
> >one to go the other way too (Icon2Brush ?) Must be PD of course!
>
> I found 5 Fred Fish disks that contain programs for building icon from other
> icons or from Dpaint brushes.
>
> FF 101: Iconassembler
> FF 120: IconImage
> FF 137: SIT (Set Icon Type)
> FF 182: IconMerger
> FF 204: Image-Ed
> --
> Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
> McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
> PO Box 49019, MS-D21    | PDP-10 support: My car's license plate is "POPJ P,"
> San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | narrator.device: "I didn't say that, my Amiga did!"
I have one called BrushIcon which is nice because it does any
type of Icon, I believe Brush2Icon only creates a Tool icon.
Problem is it won't work with Deluxe Paint III icons.  Apparently
Electronic Arts made some subtle change in the "Standard" brush
format.  So if you have DPaint 3, don't give away your DPaint 2
if you are working with Icon conversions..

--

Jim Harvey                        |      "Ask not for whom the bell
Michigan Bell Telephone           |      tolls and you will only pay

ulysses!gamma!mibte!jbh

OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (07/14/89)

     I have an icon editor that is much better than any I have seen so
 far.  It is called IconMeister.  It is *NOT* better than doing it in
 DPaint, but I don't have DPaint.  It's the best thing I do have.

     /*   F. Michael Theilig               OHA101 at URIACC.Bitnet

               "There is no Dark Side of the Moon...
                                     in fact it is all dark."          */