[comp.sys.amiga] Novice questions...

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (07/14/89)

 [ Since this isnt what I would call a technical question, im cross posting ]
 [ the reply but directing future replies to comp.sys.amiga only!           ]

In Message-ID: <3147@thor.acc.stolaf.edu>, hopp@agnes.stolaf.edu writes:

>First, does anyone know what the real intent behind the S: directory is?  Was
>it intended as a place for shell scripts, or as a place for software
>configuration files?  It has been used for both.  (And the main resident,
>startup-sequence, fits into *both* catagories.)

 I wasnt around when the ideas for AmigaDOS were first formed, but I can say
 that "Execute" does look in the "S:" directory for script type files. This
 is where I keep mine and using an alias for execute (X) it makes life real
 nice.

 (Yes I know the 1.3 shell can eliminate my typing "X " - but I still like
  my shell better. Thanx for the tip though ;-)

 Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS