[comp.sys.amiga] Full width printing w/ DMCS

utoddl@ecsvax.UUCP (Todd M. Lewis) (07/13/89)

In article <18523@mimsy.UUCP>, mangoe@mimsy.UUCP (Charley Wingate) writes:

> between the STARs and the Epsons.  I have a NX-1000 and have not yet been
> able to consistently get printouts of graphics; in particular I can't get D.
> Music Const. Set to print full width scores.  Analysis shows that nothing is
> being sent to the printer.  I can print fairly narrow scores, and I can dump
> screens.  I'm open to any suggestions....

By "full width scores", do you mean you can't get DMCS to print
as far across the page as you would like, or that you can't get
as many measures on a line as you would like?  I can't get DMCS
to use the full paper width.  I'm using the NEC_Pinwriter driver
with a Panasonic KX-P1124, but I don't think it has anything
to do with the driver or printer.  It's a problem with DMCS that
I would really like to get around.  My wife is a music teacher
(grades k-6) and full width printing would be really handy.

_____
  |      Todd M. Lewis            Disclaimer: If you want my employer's
  ||\/|  utoddl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu             ideas, you'll have to
  ||  || utoddl@ecsvax.bitnet                 _buy_ them.
   |  ||
       |___   (Never write a program bigger than your screen.)

mangoe@mimsy.UUCP (Charley Wingate) (07/14/89)

I have found one combination that works.

In "Preferences" select the EpsonX driver and set the following:
On the main menu: "Wide Tractor"  (this seems to be the key)
On the Graphics 2 menu: Density "2"

This will print all the way across the page.  Changing the score width
doesn't seem to affect things, by the way.  I took off 50 pixels with no
visible effect.

This generates very dense printing, and I'm going to see if I can convince
the thing to do the same in the draft mode.