[comp.sys.amiga] Fat Lady

amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) (07/16/89)

LARSEN-D@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (YUCKO Broccoli) writes :
>My local Amiga Dealer is offering Agnus for something like $139 you take
>it home, you install, no returns.  And $200-$250 we install and test.
>Don't quote me on those prices it was late last night that I read this
>message.  At any rate it sounds like SOME dealers will just sell the chip.
>  [ ... ]

   Get it, and get a chip puller, instructions are included in the pakage.
   Why get a decent chip extractor ? I did it with two small screw-drivers
   and as usual, I almost broke the chip out of its socket...

   Also get a VERY thin knife to cut the traces, quoting the instruction:
   'With a sharp Exacto knife, cut the small trace. Use care not to slip the
   blade to slip, cutting another trace. (Fingers are ok)'

   It works like a charm, DPaintIII at full power, no problem with the
   autoboot GVP hard&tape drives.

         [stuff],                 (ml)

       hp4nl!neabbs!amichel@uunet.uu.net | Just speaking for myself.
               reality is for those who can't afford drugs