[comp.sys.amiga] Digi-Paint 3 release

johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) (07/08/89)

I sent in my sheet from my Digi-Paint manual and a check over a month ago
and I haven't seen anything back.  Has anybody gotten their upgrade?

John Munsch

phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) (07/09/89)

In article <1812@spudge.UUCP> johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) writes:
>I sent in my sheet from my Digi-Paint manual and a check over a month ago
>and I haven't seen anything back.  Has anybody gotten their upgrade?
     Actually, I've been wondering about my Digi-Paint upgrade, too. I
sent my upgrade request in way back in May. I recall that my cheque cleared,
too, but I'd have to check to make sure.
     But I haven't heard or been sent anything.
                                                      - R'ykandar.
--
| "Signature V1.2.1.2..." | phoenix@ms.uky.edu | phoenix@ukma.bitnet |
| "Got enough addresses, bub?" | CIS 72406,370 | PLink: Skywise      |

mikes@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Shawaluk) (07/09/89)

In article <12109@s.ms.uky.edu> phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) writes:
>In article <1812@spudge.UUCP> johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) writes:
>>I sent in my sheet from my Digi-Paint manual and a check over a month ago
>>and I haven't seen anything back.  Has anybody gotten their upgrade?
>     Actually, I've been wondering about my Digi-Paint upgrade, too. I
>sent my upgrade request in way back in May. I recall that my cheque cleared,
>too, but I'd have to check to make sure.
>     But I haven't heard or been sent anything.

Hmmmm, I sent my manual page & credit card info in quite a while ago, and I
got my package in about 2-3 weeks.  It's pretty nice, BTW.  The kids love it
(they've done more with it than I have; they were always the DP II power
users also).
--
   - Mike Shawaluk
       (mikes@lakesys.lakesys.com  OR  ...!uunet!marque!lakesys!mikes)

nevets@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Steven R Ringwood) (07/10/89)

	 After waiting eight weeks I called New-Tek, I was told
that shipping of Digi-Paint 3 would START July 1st.

					Steve Ringwood

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (07/11/89)

In article <811@lakesys.UUCP> mikes@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Shawaluk) writes:
>Hmmmm, I sent my manual page & credit card info in quite a while ago, and I
>got my package in about 2-3 weeks.  It's pretty nice, BTW.  The kids love it
>(they've done more with it than I have; they were always the DP II power
>users also).
                                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^
I almost replied to the original posting saying that I got my copy of
Dpaint III from Electronic Arts in 4 days, then I noticed that the article
was really a request for Digi-Paint III from New Tek.

So, Mike, did YOU get the upgrade to Dpaint or the upgrade to Digi-Paint?
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

mikes@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Shawaluk) (07/11/89)

In article <315@tardis.Tymnet.COM> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
>In article <811@lakesys.UUCP> mikes@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Shawaluk) writes:
>> {no, I won't quote myself here... }
>I almost replied to the original posting saying that I got my copy of
>Dpaint III from Electronic Arts in 4 days, then I noticed that the article
>was really a request for Digi-Paint III from New Tek.
>
>So, Mike, did YOU get the upgrade to Dpaint or the upgrade to Digi-Paint?

Oops!  I must have missed the original subject line or something; I saw the
words "Dpaint III" (or something quite similar), and incorrectly interpreted
them...  Yes, I have Deluxe Paint III (and II also); no, I don't have
Digi-Paint (any version number).  Sorry for the confusion and/or wasted
bandwidth...
--
   - Mike Shawaluk
       (mikes@lakesys.lakesys.com  OR  ...!uunet!marque!lakesys!mikes)
    "Where were you on the night of August 12?"

garyo@prometheus.think.com (Gary Oberbrunner) (07/15/89)

I called NewTek the other morning (7/12), and they said that shipping would
start Monday the 17th, due to delays in producing the manual - the s/w has
been ready for a while.  The manual was printed out-of-state, and that held
them up.  At least that's what the person on the phone told me...

					- Gary Oberbrunner
--
					As always,

					Gary O

Remember,		      Truth is not beauty;	    Gary  Oberbrunner
Information is not knowledge; Beauty is not love;  {ames,harvard}!think!garyo
Knowledge is not wisdom;      Love is not music;	      garyo@think.com
Wisdom is not truth;	      Music is the best. - FZ	  (617) 876-1111 x265

jca@cbnewsi.ATT.COM (john.c.antrosiglio) (07/17/89)

In article <1812@spudge.UUCP>, johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) writes:
> I sent in my sheet from my Digi-Paint manual and a check over a month ago
> and I haven't seen anything back.  Has anybody gotten their upgrade?

I called NewTek on 7/14 and the nice lady said they would start shipping
around 7/17. She said there was some sort of problem but it was now taken
fixed.

John