[comp.sys.amiga] Using other mice with Amigas

news@crash.cts.com (Usenet News) (07/15/89)

Network Comment: to #985 by jeh@elmgate.UUCP

Anybody successfully converted a Mac mouse for use w/ Amigas.  Before you
flame me, the reason I ask is because I have a nice Mac trackball sitting next
to me, and I'd REALLY love to use it with my amiga (after I hack up a second
button)

Thanks
-Dan

 ProLine: pro-generic!pro-graphics!dzenc              | Pro-Graphics  24hrs
    UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-generic!pro-graphics!dzenc | 201/469-0049 3/12/24
ARPA/DDN: crash!pnet01!pro-generic!pro-graphics!dzenc@nosc.mil

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (07/17/89)

In article <4630@crash.cts.com> news@crash.cts.com (Usenet News) writes:
>Network Comment: to #985 by jeh@elmgate.UUCP
>
>Anybody successfully converted a Mac mouse for use w/ Amigas.  Before you
>flame me, the reason I ask is because I have a nice Mac trackball sitting next
>to me, and I'd REALLY love to use it with my amiga (after I hack up a second
>button)
>
>Thanks
>-Dan

Along the same vein...

Has anyone converted a CBM 1571 (I think that's the number) mouse to
run on an amiga? The 1571 act as either a "real" mouse, or a joystick.
It was made of C64/C128 machines.

I'm not really interested in the Joystick part, just the mouse.
--
"What is another word  |  Dave Lowrey    | [The opinions expressed MAY be
 for 'Thesaurus'?"     |  Amdahl Corp.   | those of the author and are not
                       |  Houston, Texas | necessarily those of his
   Steven Wright       |  amdahl!dwl10   | employer]   (`nuff said!)