[comp.sys.amiga] 2088 bridge card

news@crash.cts.com (Usenet News) (07/14/89)

?
   I just got a used BridgeCard 2088, actually a PC Emulator(whatever that is,
I assume a BridgeCard).  Well anyhow, I been having problems with the little
bugger, I can't get it to do PC Color! Mono Works Great! But Color Well it
sits there with a blinking cursor, I have no manual, so I dunno anything about
it.  I would also like to know how to use a video card such as EGA with the
BridgeCard, I know it's possible but I dunno how to do it.  Is there any
possible way to access the use df0: and df1: as PC drives, like with the
tranformer
   Help! I have no manual or software(well I just got a copy of the software).
                                                               -Eric

 ProLine: pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID              | Pro-Graphics  24hrs
    UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID | 201/469-0049 3/12/24
ARPA/DDN: crash!pnet01!pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID@nosc.mil

morris-ng@cup.portal.com (Yuklung Morris Ng) (07/16/89)

RE: How to use color mode for BridgeBoard...

Follow these procedure:
1) Open PC Mono;
2) Put the MS/DOS boot disk into the drive;
3) Type "MODE CO80" w/o the quote;
4) Close the window to get the chip ram back;
5) Open PC Color, and you are set!

If you know more about batch file, put the MODE CO80 into your AUTOEXEC.BAT and
you can open PC Color directly. Note MODE is a program with full name MODE.EXE.

By the way, anyone know when will the Janus 2.0 come out?  I hate to buy a HD
for the IBM drive as I got a setup on the Amiga side.  (Yes, I can use JLINK
but it really sucks!)

+---------+----------------------------+----------------------------------+
|      ///| Morris Y. L. Ng            | Usenet: morris-ng@cup.portal.com |
|     /// | Computer Science & Finance | Portal: Yuklung Morris Ng        |
|    ///  | San Jose State University  | Home  : (###)###-#### (Guess?!)  |
|\\\///   +----------------------------+----------------------------------+
| \XX/    |          "Be my Amiga!  And I will be your Amigo!"            |
+---------+---------------------------------------------------------------+

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (07/17/89)

According to my Bridgeboard manual, the A2088 video selector is
J1 (nearest the floppy drive connectors on the back of the board):

     Monochrome      Color         Color         None
     (default)       40x25         80x25

       o   o         o   o         o   o         o   o
                         |         |             |   |
       o   o         o   o         o   o         o   o
       |   |         |                 |
       o   o         o   o         o   o         o   o

Use the "None" setting to disable the display when you drop in an
EGA (or whatever) board.

You can also type MODE CO80 from the command line in the mono
window - I put one in my AUTOEXEC.BAT for my A2286.  (MODE MONO
goes the other way.)

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
"MS-DOS: I hate it, but I use it - twice a day."

douglee@becker.UUCP (Doug Lee) (07/18/89)

In article <4616@crash.cts.com> news@crash.cts.com (Usenet News) writes:
>?
>   I just got a used BridgeCard 2088, actually a PC Emulator(whatever that is,
>I assume a BridgeCard).  Well anyhow, I been having problems with the little
>bugger, I can't get it to do PC Color! Mono Works Great! But Color Well it
>sits there with a blinking cursor, I have no manual, so I dunno anything about

What you need is an MS-DOS manual. The problem is that the software is
configured to talk to a monochrome IBM graphics card. This can be switched
with the mode command. Type into either MS-DOS window the following:
       MODE CO80 or MODE CO40 and this will cause the bridge card to output
       to the colour window in 80 or 40 column mode respectively.

To switch back to mono,just type MODE MONO in either window. Also note there
is a jumper on the board which sets the default bootup mode of the card
to either mono or colour. You need to get the bridgecard manual to find this.
Sorry I don't have one here.

>it.  I would also like to know how to use a video card such as EGA with the
>BridgeCard, I know it's possible but I dunno how to do it.  Is there any

>possible way to access the use df0: and df1: as PC drives, like with the
>tranformer
NO.
All you can do is plug an external drive (either 3.5 or 5.25") into the 23 pin
connector on the back of the bridgecard.

>   Help! I have no manual or software(well I just got a copy of the software).
							 ^^^^
							 TSK TSK TSK
>                                                               -Eric

				<<<Doug>>>
				douglee@becker

higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom) (07/19/89)

In article <4616@crash.cts.com> news@crash.cts.com (Usenet News) writes:
$   I just got a used BridgeCard 2088, actually a PC Emulator(whatever that is,
$I assume a BridgeCard).  Well anyhow, I been having problems with the little
$bugger, I can't get it to do PC Color! Mono Works Great! But Color Well it
$sits there with a blinking cursor, I have no manual, so I dunno anything about
$it.

I was wondering why you did not receive a manual with the Bridgeboard?  Did
you purchase this from a dealer, or somewhere else?  All Bridgeboards are
shipped from Commodore with documentation and disks.

Anyway, I'm not sure how familiar you are with MS-DOS, but to have the command
prompt come up on the color (CGA) side, you need to execute a "mode co80"
command.

I would also like to know how to use a video card such as EGA with the
$BridgeCard, I know it's possible but I dunno how to do it.

Yes, EGA and other PC cards work fine with the Bridgeboard.

$Is there any possible way to access the use df0: and df1: as PC drives
$like with the tranformer

Files can be moved back and forth, but no, the internal Amiga drives cannot
be used transparently as PC drives.  They can be used as PC storage devices,
but the disks are still AmigaDOS formatted.

The XT Bridgeboard has an external disk drive connector, and an Amiga 3.5" drive
can be connected to it, and used as a PC drive.  Bottom line: the drive must
be connected to the Bridgeboard directly in order to be used as a PC drive.

$   Help! I have no manual or software(well I just got a copy of the software).

You must get the documentation.  Again, I would like to know where you obtained
the Bridgeboard, if you wouldn't mind.

	Paul.