[comp.sys.amiga] DNET & LATTICE

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (07/16/89)

Hello all , I have managed to scrape together the (I think) complete
DNET package (AT LAST!).

The version I have came in 2 SHAR parts for the Unix side, and 5 parts that
made 1 ZOO for the Amiga. I got it all set up and need to start compiling
the beast, my questions follow:

o     I have LATTICE 5.02 - Will DNET compile under this ? How much do I
      have to change?

o     The DNET for the Amiga I have says it is V2.00 in the HISTORY file
      is that somewhat recent?

o     Is there an FTP site with the compiled BINARIES for the Amiga
      available?? I could do that instead of compile it.

o     Does anyone know of a SYSV port of DNET? (SYS V R3.2)

Thanks a lot - I know this probably repeats some stuff , but I would love
the help and DNET is THE MOST IMPORTANT AMIGA PROGRAM I CAN THINK OF!

           Thanks in  advance - EMAIL replies are fine, I will summarize.

Something is basically wrong with anyone who uses a disclaimer when they talk

             "My thoughts claim no responsibility for my body"
                          tron1@tronsbox.UUCP
                      Sysop, the Penthouse ]I[ BBS
                           (201)759-8450
                           (201)759-8568

ALSO AVAILABLE FROM:

             ddsw1!tronsbox!tron1

             uunet!mimsy!oddjob!clout!ddsw1!tronsbox!tron1

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (07/18/89)

In article <[734]un.amiga@tronsbox.UUCP> tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
>o     I have LATTICE 5.02 - Will DNET compile under this ? How much do I
>      have to change?
We converted DNET 1.xx to Lattice 5.02 in about 4 hours.  Just the DNETLIB
portion (linked into your program) took about an hour;  the actual DNET code
took the other three, but you really shouldn't need to convert that since
you can call a MANX-compiled DNET from a Lattice-compiled program with
no problem.

I've been meaning to post at least the DNETLIB code so Lattice users could
write DNET servers, but I haven't gotten up with Matt to clear it.
(Hi Matt! :-)

--Doug

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (07/21/89)

I would be VERY interested in that !