[comp.sys.amiga] iff->sun

cknight@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (King Claudius) (07/20/89)

although this has been discussed before, I can't seem to be
able to find the old articles...

is there an iff->xbm converter?  Where is it?

if not, I'll go ahead and try making one.

--
cknight@polyslo.calpoly.edu                                  ---King Claudius---

noel@uokmax.UUCP (Bamf) (07/22/89)

In article <12662@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> cknight@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (King Claudius) writes:
>although this has been discussed before, I can't seem to be
>able to find the old articles...
>
>is there an iff->xbm converter?  Where is it?
>
>if not, I'll go ahead and try making one.
>
>--
>cknight@polyslo.calpoly.edu                                  ---King Claudius---

There are a set of utilities called Fuzzy Bit Map, that converts
from almost any format to almost any other format.  I believe that
they are available from [128.2.222.56] as I recall, they are
difficult to find there, but they really are there...

Between PBM and FBM, you can do the following:

	- convert doodle brush files into portable bitmaps
	- convert compact bitmaps into portable bitmaps
	- convert GIF files into portable bitmaps
	- convert Sun icons into portable bitmaps
	- convert MacPaint files into portable bitmaps
	- convert Sun rasters into portable bitmaps
	- convert X11 and X10 bitmaps into portable bitmaps
	- convert X11 and X10 window dump files into portable bitmaps
	- convert "xxx" bitmaps into portable bitmaps
	- convert portable bitmaps into ASCII graphics
	- convert portable bitmaps into compact bitmaps
	- convert portable bitmaps into Sun icons
	- convert portable bitmaps into HP LaserJet
	- convert portable bitmap into MacPaint
	- convert portable bitmaps into PostScript
	- convert portable bitmaps into Printronix printer graphics
	- convert portable bitmaps into Sun rasters
	- convert portable bitmaps into X10 bitmaps
	- convert portable bitmaps into X10 window dumps
	- convert portable bitmaps into X11 bitmaps
	- convert portable bitmaps into X11 window dumps

plus all kinds of bitmap twiddling.
So, go get them...

--
/*       "Can you do something out of this world?" -- Supertramp
----You want it should sing too?------|  noel@uokmax | csm9a!bgphp1!ngorelic