[comp.sys.amiga] HP DeskJet

wbralick@afit-ab.arpa (Will Bralick) (05/17/89)

In article <6890@cbmvax.UUCP> daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) writes:
)
)	The HP_DeskJet has a character set which fully supports the
)Amiga extended character set (codes 160 - 255) while the HP_LaserJet
)does not.  That is the only major difference.

I understand that the DeskJet uses water-soluble ink.  Has anybody had
any problems with that aspect, i.e. smearing, etc.?

Regards,

--
Will Bralick                          |  ... when princes think more of
     wbralick@blackbird.afit.af.mil   |  luxury than of arms, they lose

ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) (05/18/89)

In article <1106@afit-ab.arpa> wbralick@blackbird.afit.af.mil (Will Bralick) writes:
>I understand that the DeskJet uses water-soluble ink.  Has anybody had
>any problems with that aspect, i.e. smearing, etc.?

Not that I've noticed.  If your hands are dry, you can rub the page as
much as any other printed page without it smearing.  It's likely to
attract the dirt on your hand before actually smearing.  If your hands
are wet, or if the page gets wet, then, yes, it will smear sigificantly.
I don't think it's really a problem.  It's certainly no problem for
normal handling, including photocopying, etc.

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP

daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) (05/18/89)

Will

>I understand that the DeskJet uses water-soluble ink.  Has anybody had
>any problems with that aspect, i.e. smearing, etc.?

Yes the DeskJet does use water soluable ink. I have never had a problem
with it though. The paper handler allows plenty of time for the ink to
dry.

The only time I've had the ink run is when I've spilled something on the
paper, but the paper generally gets messed up too.

DISCLAIMER: I don't work for the part of HP that build the DESKJET. I just
use one.

Dave S.

bri@io.UUCP (Brian Shanblatt x3385) (07/19/89)

I am interested in people's experiences with the
HP Deskjet. I am thinking of getting one to print out music
scores. The Laserjet is a bit out of my price range, but both
are 300 dpi I believe.

Any info would be appreciated. Post or E-mail.

Thanks!

--
mit-eddie!ileaf!io!cube!bri or  bri@ileaf.com (617)577-9813 x3385>>>
"How to Learn How to Sing" rule #1: There is always tomorrow...

"kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM"@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com (07/22/89)

Date: Wed, 19 Jul 89 10:14 PDT
From: Montgomery Kosma <kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: HP DeskJet
To: "Eagle::amiga-relay%udel.edu"@KAHUNA.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM
Included-msgs: The message of 19 Jul 89 09:41 PDT from MISSING-FROM-FIELD

Sorry to make this a general post but my original email to brian
bounced:

I posted a similar request for info on the HP Deskjet a couple of days
ago but haven't received or seen anything yet.  Could you EMAIL me
anything you might get?

thanks!

monty kosma

kosma@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com