[comp.sys.amiga] Fed Amiga

cneidhar@natick-emh1.army.mil (Der Baron Himself) (07/22/89)

   I just got finished reading the latest Federal Computer Week, and
 it has an article about C. Lloyd Mahaffey becoming vice president of
marketing for CBM.  Among other things, he says that Commodore is
"...probably the most well-kept  secret in the computer business."
He also notes that the Amiga, while being a powerful machine, "doesn't
have...good marketing and a breadth of applications."

  And he gets paid big bucks for saying what we already know!  :)

			carl
			cneidhar@emh1-natick.army.mil  (arpa)

phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) (07/22/89)

In article <20191@louie.udel.EDU> cneidhar@natick-emh1.army.mil (Der Baron Himself) writes:
>... Among other things, he says that Commodore is
>"...probably the most well-kept  secret in the computer business."
>He also notes that the Amiga, while being a powerful machine, "doesn't
>have...good marketing and a breadth of applications."
>  And he gets paid big bucks for saying what we already know!  :)
     Yes, but the first step in solving a problem is acknowledging that
the problem exists. I've never gotten the impression that Commodore-Amiga
management thought anything was wrong with their marketing.
     Fingers crossed.
                                            - R'ykandar.
--
| "Signature V1.2.1.2..." | phoenix@ms.uky.edu | phoenix@ukma.bitnet |
| "Got enough addresses, bub?" | CIS 72406,370 | PLink: Skywise      |