[comp.sys.amiga] diskette quality

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (07/14/89)

I received a catalog froma place that has pretty good prices for
floppies.  It sells a bunch of different types and I was wondering how
to sort it all out.  The options are:
   Brand X 'Premium 3.5" Bulk Diskettes', DSDD, Lifetime warranty,
       Certified, etc. (@.60)
   3M (@1.50)
   Precision (@1.40)
   Sony (@1.50)
   Dysan (@1.40)
   BASF (@1.30).

They also have "DS/HD"... what is "HD?"  "High density"???

   /bernie\

u572555600ea@vega.ucdavis.edu (0040;0000007900;0;195;141;) (07/14/89)

In article <42715@bbn.COM> cosell@BBN.COM (Bernie Cosell) writes:
>I received a catalog froma place that has pretty good prices for
>floppies.  It sells a bunch of different types and I was wondering how
>to sort it all out.  The options are:
>   Brand X 'Premium 3.5" Bulk Diskettes', DSDD, Lifetime warranty,
>       Certified, etc. (@.60)
>   3M (@1.50)
>   Precision (@1.40)
>   Sony (@1.50)
>   Dysan (@1.40)
>   BASF (@1.30).
from $.60 to $1.50 seems quite a large range...
	I wonder who really makes the $.60 ones!

Anyhow, my roomate just ordered some disks from a place that sells
SONY's and KAO's for $.97 a piece or something... maybe you should
find a better bargain-basement dealer?

------------------------------------------------------         Quantum _\/_
919 Drake CellBlock 146   Bruce (6502 RULES!) Rogers        |\  Duck  ( 0 0)
Davis, Ca 95616           Quantum Duck Software,           |\ \______/ / \\\
916-753-1169              u586182058ea@vega.ucdavis.edu   |\ <  <     |   \/

ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) (07/14/89)

In article <42715@bbn.COM> cosell@BBN.COM (Bernie Cosell) writes:
>I received a catalog froma place that has pretty good prices for
>floppies...   Sony (@1.50).

	The Diskette Connection in Delaware sells Sony DS/DD disks for
94 cents each.  You have to buy 50 at a time, and labels are extra
(35 cents for 10).  I have ordered twice from Diskette Connection and have
been happy with the company.
	They advertise in MacWorld all the time.  You can get their phone
number by calling Information for 800 numbers:  1-800-555-1212.  There
are 3 Diskette Connection locations in the USA.
	I have no affiliation with Diskette Connection except as a customer.
--
# Dan Barrett	barrett@cs.jhu.edu	(128.220.13.4)	ARPANET             #
#		ins_adjb@jhuvms.bitnet			BITNET              #

kurt@tc.fluke.COM (Kurt Guntheroth) (07/25/89)

I know a place that has TDK 3 1/4" DSDD diskettes (my favorite) for pretty
reasonable prices...boxes of 10 with labels, not your usual bulk package.

    $1.40/disk  1 box of 10   --> $14.00/box
    $1.165/disk 5 boxes of 10 --> $11.65/box --> $58.25

plus ups shipping, ProTape NW / 2412 2nd NE / Seattle, WA 98121 / (206)-441-8273

They're weird about credit cards, they have intermediate discounts for other
quantities, they try to ship from stock, their phone # is 441-TAPE (gag).