[comp.sys.amiga] Handshake 2.20a

ewilts@janus.mrc.adhocnet.ca (Ed Wilts - CandianOxy) (07/26/89)

>From: "Hugh D. Gamble" <hugh@censor.uucp>
>
>Handshake does *excellent*^2 VT220 emulation including graphics, double
>size characters, smooth scrolling, etc. and does file transfers.
>
>It's shareware, so you should send the author, Eric Haberfellner, a few
>bucks if you like it (I did).  Version 2.12a is on fish disk 172.  The latest
>version is 2.20a which adds an AREXX port & some other stuff.
>
>--
>Hugh D. Gamble (416) 581-4354 (wk), 267-6159 (hm) (Std. Disclaimers)
>hugh@censor, kink!hugh@censor

I agree about the quality of Handshake.  It's an excellent shareware product
that does about everything a terminal program should do with the exception of
Zmodem and scripts.  Its VT220 emulation is the best I have seen on any
terminal program available for the Amiga.  It sure would be nice if products
such as A-Talk III would go for VT220 emulation instead of VT100.  We've got
some in-house applications that just won't run on VT100 alone.  If you have
version 2.20a, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send it off to Bob
Page for general distribution.

        .../Ed          (EWilts%Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA@UncaNet.Bitnet)
Ed Wilts
Sr. Systems Analyst, Canadian Occidental Petroleum Ltd.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada                 (403) 234-1007