[comp.sys.amiga] REZ

bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) (11/03/88)

Is there a latter version of rez than 0.3 beta?  (Not that it doesn't work, but
I just wondered)

Also, files compiled with lattice 4.0 aren't marked as being shareable.  Since
they already use register offset data, what prevents them from being so?  How
does rez determine whether something is shareable or not?

-Miles

pds@quintus.uucp (Peter Schachte) (11/05/88)

In article <wXPr4jy00UoNIMI0xm@andrew.cmu.edu> bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) writes:
>Is there a latter version of rez than 0.3 beta?  (Not that it doesn't work, but
>I just wondered)

Speaking of REZ, does anyone know why you can't REZ ProWrite?  ProWrite
takes so long to start up, REZing it would sure help, if it worked.

-Peter Schachte				"Clean water?  I'm for clean water."
pds@quintus.uucp				-George Bush
..!sun!quintus!pds

hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) (11/07/88)

pds@quintus.uucp (Peter Schachte) writes:
>In article <wXPr4jy00UoNIMI0xm@andrew.cmu.edu> bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) writes:
>>Is there a latter version of rez than 0.3 beta?  (Not that it doesn't work, but
>>I just wondered)
>
>Speaking of REZ, does anyone know why you can't REZ ProWrite?  ProWrite
>takes so long to start up, REZing it would sure help, if it worked.
>
>-Peter Schachte				"Clean water?  I'm for clean water."
>pds@quintus.uucp				-George Bush
>..!sun!quintus!pds

You wouldn't happen to have a HUGE fonts: directory you're assigned
to when you run ProWrite, would you?

I just made an empty fonts: dir in my VD0: and assigned FONTS: there.
Fired up ProWrite (latest version) from my FFS'd Supra hard drive.
It took 10 seconds to load and present me with the screen ready to
type into.

If my fonts are assigned to my HUGE fonts: dir on the hard drive, it
takes quite a while to load since ProWrite reads the whole fonts
directory while loading prior to letting you start typing into it.

If this is your situation, and you have hard drive room to spare, you
might want to make a second fonts: directory just for ProWrite... make
it smaller, putting in only the fonts you usually use with the program.
This can also prove handy for font use in Deluxe Paint II which, due to
its crummy font "menu" scheme doesn't like long font directories at all.
ProWrite can handle 255 fonts in a single document by the way and it
has NO trouble with huge font dirs... just takes a while to load in
all those names when you first fire up the program.

Harv Laser, Sysop, The People/Link AmigaZone.  Plink: CBM*HARV
UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!hrlaser
INET: hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com
<---open            Push down while turning           close tightly--->

2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca (07/26/89)

I have heard the utility REZ (by Jim Goodnow) mentioned a number of times,
but I haven't seen advertisements for it or run across it on BBS's.  How
do I obtain a copy?  Email is fine.
--
Terry Gaetz   --   gaetz@uwovax.bitnet   --   gaetz@uwovax.uwo.ca