[comp.sys.amiga] which computer to buy?

king@client1.DRETOR.UUCP (Stephen King) (07/26/89)

In article <117434@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> cmcmanis@sun.UUCP (Chuck McManis) writes:
> [...]  IBM, and Mac is because
>there are so many of these machines out there that if even 50% of the
>owners pirated software, capturing 10% of the remaining 50% is enough
>marketshare to make it worthwile to develop software for them.

This has happened on countless occassions:

He: I need a computer. What kind do you think I should get?

Me: An Amiga. I've got one and it's great.

He: What about an I*M PC?

Me: Oh, the Piece of Crap. They're pretty long on hype and short on
    performance. Look at what the Amiga can do.

He: If I get an Amiga, will you GIVE me some of that nifty software?

Me: Hell no! I paid for it, so why should I give it to you for nothing?
    There's lots of PD stuff you can get for free.

He: But I know someone with a PC and he'll GIVE me all sorts of software.
    He's got AutoCAD, 1-2-3, dBase and a whole bunch of games.

Me: Do you really NEED all that stuff?

He: No, not really, but it might come in handy some day. Maybe my kids
    could use it sometime. All that stuffs so expensive; why should I pay
    for what I can get for free?

Me: Well, do whatever you like, but if you have trouble with that bootleg
    software don't ask me for help.

Sound familiar?