[comp.sys.amiga] Unix like command

mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) (07/25/89)

Remember: I'm a semi-amature :-).

Is there any command (to be used with the Arp Shell) that is equivilant to
"!" unix command?  What about numbered history as opposed to "scrolling up"
the various commands.  I'm trying to make the Amiga Shell as C-Shell (4.3
BSD Unix) like as possible.  I even added vi.  What other Unix-commands
would you add?

Speaking of vi, does the command "set list" work with STevie?  Is there a
better vi-type editor available?

-Evan

ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) (07/27/89)

In article <30197@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) writes:
>Remember: I'm a semi-amature :-).
>
>Is there any command (to be used with the Arp Shell) that is equivilant to
>"!" unix command?  What about numbered history as opposed to "scrolling up"
>the various commands.

None that I know of.  However, if you're using Bill Hawes' ConMan, you
might be able to use the History command and some fancy footwork to
simulate it.  Probably could be done best with ARexx.

>Speaking of vi, does the command "set list" work with STevie?  Is there a
>better vi-type editor available?

I wrote a set of vi macros for Uedit a while back.  It's not as faithful
to vi as STevie, but combined with Uedit, it is much more powerful.

After this summer is over and things calm down a bit, I'm planning on
another version of these.

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP