[comp.sys.amiga] XModem source

OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (07/22/89)

     I am sick and tired of transfering files between my school's
 computers and my Amiga with Kermit.  Don't get me wrong, it's a neat
 frog, but a slow and sloppy protocol.  I'd like to get my hands on
 generic XModem, YModem, or WXModem source in Pascal or C.  If the system
 won't support it, I'll do it myself!

     Also, does anyone know if the Amiga circuit board picture on the
 Amiga World special issue is available.  It is signed Sachs.

     I requested the ASR Programming docs a while back.  Aparently the
 1.3 docs are not ready.  The older arp.library docs would suffice for
 my needs.

     /*   F. Michael Theilig               OHA101 at URIACC.Bitnet

               "There is no Dark Side of the Moon...
                                     in fact it is all dark."          */

In article <20190@louie.udel.EDU> OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) writes:
>     I am sick and tired of transfering files between my school's
> computers and my Amiga with Kermit.  Don't get me wrong, it's a neat
> frog, but a slow and sloppy protocol.  I'd like to get my hands on
> generic XModem, YModem, or WXModem source in Pascal or C.  If the system
> won't support it, I'll do it myself!

Get Chuck Forsberg's sources for ZMODEM/YMODEM-batch/YMODEM/XMODEM for
UNIX and VMS. They are available from a lot of sources (BBS, UNIX hosts)
and on Chuck's UNIX-based BBS Telegodzilla. Then you can use XMODEM or
if you want "real" speed you can use ZMODEM in stream mode.  Chuck's sources
are PD, produced under contract with Telenet for the most possible wide
distribution.

-- Marco Papa 'Doc'
uucp:...!pollux!papa       BIX:papa       ARPAnet:pollux!papa@oberon.usc.edu
"There's Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Diga and Caligari!" -- Rick Unland

terry@helios (Terry Ricketts) (07/22/89)

Could someone who knows post the whereabouts of the xmodem/ymodem source
for Unix/vms that Marco Papa referred to. If they can be obtained from
an anonymous ftp source that would be best; but we are willing to call
a BBS if we must. There are a lot of other people like Mr. Theilig who
are tired of having to use Kermit. We have been looking for a source of
xmodem for Unix for several months.  Thanks

In article <8464@saturn.ucsc.edu> terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) writes:
>Could someone who knows post the whereabouts of the xmodem/ymodem source
>for Unix/vms that Marco Papa referred to. If they can be obtained from
>an anonymous ftp source that would be best; but we are willing to call
>a BBS if we must.

If you can't find the sources locally, Telegodzilla BBS can be reached
at: (503) 621-3746.

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (07/24/89)

In article <8464@saturn.ucsc.edu> terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) writes:
>Could someone who knows post the whereabouts of the xmodem/ymodem source
>for Unix/vms that Marco Papa referred to. If they can be obtained from
>an anonymous ftp source that would be best; but we are willing to call
>a BBS if we must. There are a lot of other people like Mr. Theilig who
>are tired of having to use Kermit. We have been looking for a source of
>xmodem for Unix for several months.  Thanks

Ditto here!

Monty

akeef@asd.wpafb.af.mil (Earle Ake) (07/25/89)

     If anyone wants the source to the YMODEM program, I could post it
to this list.  The source is in 'C' and is about 50k worth.

Earle Ake
akeef@asd.wpafb.af.mil

kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM (Montgomery Kosma) (07/25/89)

I would appreciate anybody who can get sources to x/y/Zmodem (zmodem
would be most intersting) either posting them to the net or emailing
them to me.  I don't have ftp access and see nothing source-related at
the kilowatt archives...

thanks!

monty kosma
kosma%alan.decnet.lockheed.com@austin.lockheed.com

"kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM"@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com (07/26/89)

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 89 14:24 PDT
From: Montgomery Kosma <kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Re: XModem source
To: "eagle::amiga-relay%udel.edu"@KAHUNA.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM

aca@nyit.UUCP (Al Arthur) (07/27/89)

In article <8464@saturn.ucsc.edu>, terry@helios (Terry Ricketts) writes:
> Could someone who knows post the whereabouts of the xmodem/ymodem source
> for Unix/vms that Marco Papa referred to. If they can be obtained from
> an anonymous ftp source that would be best; but we are willing to call
> a BBS if we must. There are a lot of other people like Mr. Theilig who
> are tired of having to use Kermit. We have been looking for a source of
> xmodem for Unix for several months.  Thanks

	Here! Here!... I too, would like to see these sources, and have
	no annon ftp facility.
				Al

--
Alex Arthur, System Programmer/UUCP Administrator
New York Institute of Technology - Computer Graphics Laboratory

jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) (07/27/89)

In article <613@nyit.UUCP> aca@nyit.UUCP (Al Arthur) writes:
| In article <8464@saturn.ucsc.edu>, terry@helios (Terry Ricketts) writes:
| > Could someone who knows post the whereabouts of the xmodem/ymodem source
| > for Unix/vms that Marco Papa referred to.
| Here! Here!... I too, would like to see these sources, and have
| no annon ftp facility.

Should be available at 503-621-3746, Chuck Forsberg's Telegodzilla BBS.
Everybody reading this should have some easy way of getting at this.
(Distribution restricted to usa. :-)  Let's save the comp.sources.amiga
bandwidth for the *good* stuff.  (I.e. Amiga stuff, not to say Chuck's
stuff is not good.)

--
Jim Wright
jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu

lee@sed170.HAC.COM (John Lee) (07/28/89)

In article <8464@saturn.ucsc.edu> terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) writes:
>Could someone who knows post the whereabouts of the xmodem/ymodem source
>for Unix/vms that Marco Papa referred to. If they can be obtained from
>an anonymous ftp source that would be best; but we are willing to call
>a BBS if we must. There are a lot of other people like Mr. Theilig who
>are tired of having to use Kermit. We have been looking for a source of
>xmodem for Unix for several months.  Thanks

xmodem3.6 which includes ymodem support is available in comp.sources.unix
archives under postings v15i070 through v15i074.  It's available via
anonymous FTP from xanth.cs.odu.edu (128.82.8.1) in the directory
comp.srcs.unix/volume15.  It is also available on j.cc.purdue.edu, I think,
but I haven't tested the archive there.  I compiled the sources without
problem and although I don't use it, the person who does reports no problems
(When I was at Berkeley this spring, it was available already compiled I used
it there, also with no problems.)

--John Lee

Raining CATS and DOGS?  Join the RATS: Remote Amiga Teleconferencing System
	+--------+			John Lee
	| HUGHES |
	+--------+			ARPAnet: jhlee@hac2arpa.hac.com
	Hughes Aircraft Company
The above opinions are those of the user and not of those of this machine.