[comp.sys.amiga] default notepad window location

clp@altos86.Altos.COM (Chuck L. Peterson) (07/26/89)

I have created a few Notepad2.2 notes which I can bring up
just by clicking on my note Icons.  However, It always
puts the Notepad window up at the top in this 2x3 inch
region in the top middle of the screen.  How can I change
the location and size of this so it comes up the way
I like it each time I want to look at my notes?

The manual gives several examples in changing the WINDOW=000,000,200,300
line in the icon-info window, but this has absolutely no effect
when put in either the Notepad or Note file.

Chuck L. Peterson
clp@altos.com

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (07/26/89)

It works fine for me to just position the window where I want it and
then save the Note project. -- Darren

adam@cbmvax.UUCP (Adam Levin - CATS) (07/29/89)

In article <4@altos86.Altos.COM> clp@altos86.Altos.COM (Chuck L. Peterson) writes:
>I have created a few Notepad2.2 notes which I can bring up
>just by clicking on my note Icons.  However, It always
>puts the Notepad window up at the top in this 2x3 inch
>region in the top middle of the screen.  How can I change
>the location and size of this so it comes up the way
>I like it each time I want to look at my notes?
>
>The manual gives several examples in changing the WINDOW=000,000,200,300
>line in the icon-info window, but this has absolutely no effect
>when put in either the Notepad or Note file.
>
>Chuck L. Peterson
>clp@altos.com

The problem is that your values are incorrect.  You are asking for a
window 200 pixels wide (thats okay) by 300 high (not okay).
The (non-interlaced) Workbench screen is 640x200.  Use
WINDOW=000,000,640,200 for a full screen (640x200) window.
If you put in NotePad's ToolType, it will be the default.
If you put it in the text file's ToolType, it will be the default
_for that text file_.

--
     Adam Keith Levin  --  CATS   Commodore-Amiga Technical Support
     1200 Wilson Drive / West Chester, PA  19380     (215) 431-9180