[comp.sys.amiga] LISTSERV access to fish

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (07/29/89)

In article <8907281737.AA05202@jade.berkeley.edu> MARCUS@STOAT.PCL.AC.UK writes:

>Thanks to Matti Arnio, moderator of the i-amiga SIG, the Fred Fish collection
>is now available via email from the listserv at FINTUVM using SIMTEL-20 type
                                                 ^^^^^^^
HuH????    There's no entry for FINTUVM in our usenet maps!

Where is this place????
--
"What is another word  |  Dave Lowrey    | [The opinions expressed MAY be
 for 'Thesaurus'?"     |  Amdahl Corp.   | those of the author and are not
                       |  Houston, Texas | necessarily those of his
   Steven Wright       |  amdahl!dwl10   | employer]   (`nuff said!)

MARCUS@STOAT.PCL.AC.UK (07/29/89)

>From: co19c471@mmm.UUCP (Steve . Kappel)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
>Subject: Need index for Fish disks
>Date: 10 Jul 89 15:41:42 GMT

>I don't have access to anonymous ftp.  Could someone email me the index
>for the Fred Fish disks?  Actually I only need them from #47 on.

Thanks to Matti Arnio, moderator of the i-amiga SIG, the Fred Fish collection
is now available via email from the listserv at FINTUVM using SIMTEL-20 type
commands, e.g -

/pddir etana.funet.fi:amiga/*
 - directory of all amiga files
/pddir etana.funet.fi:amiga/fish/*
 - full directory of fish disks
/pdget etana.funet.fi:amiga/fish/ff191/BlitLab.zoo (uuencode
 - gets file BlitLab.zoo (uuencode is not necessary if commands are sent in a
   mail file)

>Thanks in advance!

Have fun!

>-Steve
          - m a r c u s -

 <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <  <" <

                        marcus@uk.ac.pcl.stoat - JANET
                 marcus%stoat.pcl.ac.uk@ukacrl - BITNET/EARN

           You have put a spell on me! Your magic touch is ECSTACY!

">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">  > ">

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (07/30/89)

In article <b2Cy02Za433O01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> dwl10@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) writes:
|In article <8907281737.AA05202@jade.berkeley.edu> MARCUS@STOAT.PCL.AC.UK writes:
|>
|>Thanks to Matti Arnio, moderator of the i-amiga SIG, the Fred Fish collection
|>is now available via email from the listserv at FINTUVM using SIMTEL-20 type
|                                                 ^^^^^^^
|HuH????    There's no entry for FINTUVM in our usenet maps!
|
|Where is this place????

	It is in Finland. the correct e-mail address is -

	"listserv@FINTUVM.BITNET"

Cheers,
--
   __	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
w \cc/	 Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu

451061@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Valentin Pepelea) (07/31/89)

Dave Lowrey <dwl10@uts.amdahl.com> writes in

>In article <8907281737.AA05202@jade.berkeley.edu> MARCUS@STOAT.PCL.AC.UK
>>
>>Thanks to Matti Arnio, moderator of the i-amiga SIG, the Fred Fish collection
>>is now available via email from the listserv at FINTUVM using SIMTEL-20 type
>                                                 ^^^^^^^
>HuH????    There's no entry for FINTUVM in our usenet maps!
>
>Where is this place????

Oh, is uts.amdahl.com on the usenet maps? How about jade.berkeley.edu?
FINTUVM happens to be on Bitnet, which is yet another network linked to
the global Internet set of coupled networks. FINTUVM also happens to be
in Finland, despite its urge to get as far away from the Russians as
possible.

Valentin
The godess of democracy? "The           Name:   Valentin Pepelea
tyrants may destroy a statue,           Phonet: (613) 231-7476
but they cannot kill a god."            Bitnet: 451061@Uottawa.bitnet
                                        Usenet: Use cunyvm.cuny.edu gate
                   - Confucius          Planet: 451061@acadvm1.UOttawa.CA