[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Columns--AVideo

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (07/30/89)

     AVideo magazine has been running a regular Amiga column (Amiga SIG) and
debates on the Amiga/Mac have been surfacing in the letters to the editor
section as well.  (You want better coverage of the Amiga in some of the
magazines you subscribe to?  WRITE.  Lately I've seen several VERY successful
letter campaigns.)
     AVideo is $30.00 a year US   Montage Publishing, Inc.
                                  2550 Hawthorned Blvd. Suite 314
                                  Torrance, CA 90505

     I have no connection with AVideo and I have only seen 2 issues, so I
can't yet comment on its quality, but offer this as information.    -LH

In article <20847@cup.portal.com> Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com writes:

>section as well.  (You want better coverage of the Amiga in some of the
>magazines you subscribe to?  WRITE.  Lately I've seen several VERY successful
>letter campaigns.)

Talking of letter campaigns, in the Aug89 BYTE, on the last
page (or at least very close to it) there is an
article by an editor complaining about
the lack of inexpensive computers for people.
He complains that IBM,CLones, MAC are all aiming for the high
end markets now, and are forgetting about the poor individuals
who made their success possible.

Well everybody, read the article and send nice polite letters
telling him of the wonders of Amigas.

REAL NAME: Joe Porkka   jap@frith.cl.msu.edu

hgm@ccvr1.uucp (Hal G. Meeks) (08/01/89)

I recommend AVideo to anyone that is considering using their Amiga for
desktop video applications. The editor is making a concerted effort to have
regular amiga coverage. This month's issue has an article on TV Text,
written by a good friend and video cohort, with screen dumps by your's
truly. I was surprised to see how well printouts from a Xerox 4020 hold up
in publication.

It's good to see a trade journal that doesn't suffer from "tunnel vision",
i.e. it doesn't cost $10,000 so it can't be any good. In addition, they
published one of best comparisions of video capabilities between the MacII
and the Amiga that I have seen.

Besides the computer graphics coverage, there are good "how to" articles on
various aspects of video, including some attempt to explain technical issues
in terms that non-professionals can understand.

It has been some time in coming, but the amiga is finally getting respect in
video field.

--hal

hgm@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu       "Things have changed, things will change,
netoprhm@ncsuvm.bitnet     and it breaks down."