[comp.sys.amiga] Messydos file system

451061@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Valentin Pepelea) (08/02/89)

Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert <U211344@hnykun11.bitnet> writes in

> In order to start some rumors:
>
> 1. I *am* working on a _real_ Amiga style filing system that reads/
> writes messydos file systems, and a _real_ Exec .device that does the
> low-level part.
> 2. It is _not_ finished yet; but the things that work seem to be OK.
> 3. I have not yet decided on distribution; some people suggested that
> I could make some money on it, and I may decide to do that.

I hate to disappoint you, but it has already been done. Look at the read.me
file of the MS-DOS.zoo archive, you will see that the author claims to
already have done an ibm.device Exec driver. Sorry.

Valentin
The godess of democracy? "The           Name:   Valentin Pepelea
tyrants may destroy a statue,           Phonet: (613) 231-7476
but they cannot kill a god."            Bitnet: 451061@Uottawa.bitnet
                                        Usenet: Use cunyvm.cuny.edu gate
                   - Confucius          Planet: 451061@acadvm1.UOttawa.CA