[comp.sys.amiga] Where can I purchase Metascope?

F2.MJP@ISUMVS.IASTATE.EDU ("Mike Purtell") (07/31/89)

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Metascope debugger?
I've tried a lot of mail order places and none of them seem to
have it in stock and they say it would be a month before they
can get anymore in.  I really need this before I go crazy using
more primitive techniques to track down bugs.
If anyone knows where I can get Metascope or something similar,
please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Mike Purtell                        Bitnet:  f2.mjp@ISUMVS
PO BOX 1519                         Internet:  f2.mjp@MVS1.IASTATE.EDU
Ames, Iowa 50010-1519               Institution:  Iowa State University
USA                                 Birthplace of the first digital computer

451061@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Valentin Pepelea) (08/02/89)

Mike Purtell <F2.MJP@isumvs.iastate.edu> write in

> Does anyone know where I can purchase the Metascope debugger?
> I've tried a lot of mail order places and none of them seem to
> have it in stock and they say it would be a month before they
> can get anymore in.  I really need this before I go crazy using
> more primitive techniques to track down bugs.
> If anyone knows where I can get Metascope or something similar,
> please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

You could get the Lattice 5.0 package. It includes an assembler and source
level debugger. The assembler has problems generating 68030 instructions
and 32-bit offsets, but you are not likely to use them anyway. The nice
thing is, you even get a C compiler as a bonus! Although I don't see how
that could help anyone...

Valentin
The godess of democracy? "The           Name:   Valentin Pepelea
tyrants may destroy a statue,           Phonet: (613) 231-7476
but they cannot kill a god."            Bitnet: 451061@Uottawa.bitnet
                                        Usenet: Use cunyvm.cuny.edu gate
                   - Confucius          Planet: 451061@acadvm1.UOttawa.CA

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) (08/04/89)

Valentin Pepelea writes:
>> Does anyone know where I can purchase the Metascope debugger?
>
>You could get the Lattice 5.0 package. It includes an assembler and source

Or you could contact Metadigm directly:

	Metadigm, Inc.
	19762 MacArthur Blvd.
	Suite 300
	Irvine, CA  92715
	(714)955-2555

This address was good about six months or so ago.

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.usa