[comp.sys.amiga] Top 10 UNTRUE Rumors About Commodore-Amiga!

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (08/03/89)

NOTICE:  This is a list of UNTRUE things.

           Top 10 Untrue Rumors About Commodore-Amiga!

10.  President Max Toy left C-A because of a large argument with
Irving Gould.  It seems that Max wanted to have a digitized
picture of himself displayed on the "Insert WorkBench" screen.

9.  C-A will be sueing Apple for copyright infringement.  It seems
that Apples next computer will include something innovative.

8.  Actually, it's not in there.

7.  The Amiga 3000 has been canceled because the 4000 is just
soooo totally radical!

6.  The biggest hinderance in producing 1.4 is that the
programmers keep hearing rumors about what's going to be in it and
get too excited to program.  Of course, this is followed by bouts
of depression when they find out that the rumor was started by
some wishfull-thinking brat that's 13 years old and just got a 300
bps modem and thinks that BBSs are "really way-cool, d00d!1!!1!"

5.  The Amiga 3000 will not come with a keyboard or mouse because
it reads your mind and "does the Right thing".

4.  The Amiga 3000 will not come with a mouse...  hell, if IBM can
do it so can we!

3.  If you like the secret messages hidden in 1.2, you'll love to
know that the Rob Lowe video is hidden in 1.4.

2.  All that BCPL is being replaced by compiled BASIC.

1.  Irving Gould's picture will be displayed on the "Insert
WorkBench" screen.

NOTICE:  This is a list of UNTRUE things.  It's suppost to be
funny (though I guess I should say, "it's an attempt at being
funny").  Please don't let me find out that someone on a BBS
has read this and called InfoWorld to let them know that #3 is
true.  :-)
--
 Tom Limoncelli -- tlimonce@drunivac.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net
       Drew University -- Box 1060, Madison, NJ -- 201-408-5389

daly@hpdml93.HP.COM (John Daly) (08/03/89)

/ hpdml93:comp.sys.amiga / daly@hpdml93.HP.COM (John Daly) / 12:43 pm  Jul 28, 1989 /
     I've been out of touch with the happenings at Commodore lately, but
     I have seen reference to an AMIGA 3000 on the net. Is this for real
     or just another CBM hoax ? If it is could someone possibly give me
     the nitty gritty's on speed, memory capacity, io, graphics, price
     etc...  Thanks in advance for the info

							John Daly
							daly@hpdml93

   CBM WILL release the AMIGA 3000 in the next few weeks. So who knows
   maybe CBM's moving forward after all.

In <12247@grebyn.com>, ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:
>>   CBM WILL release the AMIGA 3000 in the next few weeks. So who knows
>>   maybe CBM's moving forward after all.
>

>	Sorry, they won't. What this most likely refers to is the
>imminent release of the A2630 card - a plug in 68030 30 card, like the
>A2620 68020 card. It runs at 25MHz, contains the 68882 FPU and 2/4 Meg
>of RAM, and has a connector for additional 32 bit add-ons (like more
>RAM).

That's probably the case. CBM Canada has not been helping matters by insisting
on calling the 3000 "a machine with the 2630 board". Every time I hear one of
their reps say that, it makes my hair stand on end.

-larry

--
"So what the hell are we going to do with a Sun?" - Darlene Phillips -
]    CBM WILL release the AMIGA 3000 in the next few weeks. So who knows
]    maybe CBM's moving forward after all.

There might be some confusion since CBM has been saying it will be out in
the 3rd quarter, which some people take to mean 3rd quarter of this year.  I
think CBM means third fiscal quarter (January-March).

srp
--
Stephen R. Pietrowicz    UUCP: ...!uunet!modcomp!srp      CIS: 73047,2313
Modcomp-Home of *REAL* real-time UNIX | Preemption windows? Don't make me laugh!

ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) (08/05/89)

>   CBM WILL release the AMIGA 3000 in the next few weeks. So who knows
>   maybe CBM's moving forward after all.

	Sorry, they won't. What this most likely refers to is the
imminent release of the A2630 card - a plug in 68030 30 card, like the
A2620 68020 card. It runs at 25MHz, contains the 68882 FPU and 2/4 Meg
of RAM, and has a connector for additional 32 bit add-ons (like more
RAM).
--
First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
                                                                    \\ / /

phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) (08/05/89)

     Didn't multiple posts here report that CBM's president specifically said
that the A3000 would be out this fall? He was supposed to have said this while
being interviewed in Canada. (This might have applied only to Canada, of course,
but I think it would be awfully good of them to ship to both countries at the
same time...)

--
| "Signature V1.2.1.2..." | phoenix@ms.uky.edu | phoenix@ukma.bitnet |
| "Got enough addresses, bub?" | CIS 72406,370 | PLink: Skywise      |