[comp.sys.amiga] Blush!

xanthian@well.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) (08/05/89)

[Following up my own posting again.  Check for furry toes, this may be
becoming a hobbit!]

In article <12878@well.UUCP> xanthian@well.UUCP I wrote:

[Hopefully some sensible stuff, but then:]

>Replace/supplement the existing "Pipe:" device with a real Unix(tm)-like
>"|" pipe that can be used in a one line command.

mwm says the Amiga one is prettier; I bow to superior knowledge, but I'd
still like the simpler interface.

[and worse yet:]

>Add a capability to use extended selection for _any_ program, without
>change to the object module, to make it think it is getting command line
>input.

And then I actually looked at my 1.3 package docs and found IconX.  Gads!
My most humble apologies to all concerned!  I stuck in a little one line
script for each file I wanted to edit, that invoked the BENCHMARK emacs
editor on the file concerned, and bingo!  Point and shoot editing with an
editor that doesn't work from the iconic workbench interface.  I am _so_
happy, and so chagrined at the same time.

>Thanks for listening, as usual.

And thanks for not toasting my socks off for this piece of stupidity.

well!xanthian
Kent, the man from xanth, now just another echo from The Well.