[comp.sys.amiga] Arexx errors

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (08/03/89)

Hello --

Just got ARexx version 1.0 from the local store and am working with it with
Lattice 5.02.

I have installed it , and the include files. I m attemtion to build
"fancydemo.c" but I get errors...

=============== directory listing ==========================
  fancydemo                        fancydemo.bak
  fancydemo.c                      fancydemo.lnk
  fancydemo.o                      makefile
  rexxglue.asm                     rexxglue.o
  testdemo.rexx
================ makefile ==================================
# These are set to -n for compiling and -g for linking for DEBUGGING
# The +x5 means to generate inline code for strcpy() strlen() and strcmp()
CFLAGS=-n
LFLAGS=-g

FANCYOBJS=fancydemo.o rexxglue.o

fancy:  $(FANCYOBJS)
  ln $(LFLAGS) $(FANCYOBJS) -lc

fancydemo.o: storage.h
fancydemo is on the distribution disk.

a make gives me a fine compile... and bad ...

Udefined symbols:

_CreateArgstring
_DeleteRexxMsg
_CreateRexxMsg

al in 'fancydemo.o"

Help>???
*   " Salad isn't food, salad is what food eats. " The Zen Monk ALF        *
*           "My thoughts claim no responsibility for my body"              *
*                                                                          *
* UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  uunet!mimsy!oddjob!clout!ddsw1!tronsbox!tron1 *
*                                                                          *
*        Sysop, the Penthouse ]I[ BBS                                      *
*                     (201)759-8450  (201)759-8568                         *

In <[958]un.amiga@tronsbox.UUCP>, tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
> a make gives me a fine compile... and bad ...
>
> Udefined symbols:
>
> _CreateArgstring
> _DeleteRexxMsg
> _CreateRexxMsg
>
> al in 'fancydemo.o"

These should all be picked up from rexxglue.o (they are in mine). There is a
later version of ARexx than 1.0, and it is well worth having. If these symbols
are not defined in your rexxglue.asm, the new version of ARexx should fix
things up.

While I'm at it, here's a glue routine that I wrote for StcToken. It was not
supplied with my rexxglue.asm, and I needed it.

Usage from C:
-------------

struct Token = {
        char *Current
        char *NextToken
        int  Length
        char Quote
        }

     structure = StcToken( stringptr, bufferptr )

Glue routine itself
-------------------
           XDEF    _StcToken
_StcToken
           move.l  4(sp),a0           ;get stringptr
           move.l  a6,-(sp)           ;save current lib pointer
           movea.l _RexxSysBase,a6    ;point to rexxlib
           jsr     _LVOStcToken(a6)   ;do it
           move.l  12(sp),a6          ;get buffer pointer

           move.l  a1,(a6)            ;fill in structure
           move.l  a0,4(a6)
           move.l  d1,8(a6)
           move.b  d0,12(a6)
           move.l  (sp)+,a6           ;restore lib pointer
           move.l  d1,d0              ;return length of token
           rts

-------------------

Add this to your rexxglue.asm if you need to call StcToken from C

-larry

--
"So what the hell are we going to do with a Sun?" - Darlene Phillips -

raz%kilowatt@Sun.COM (Steve -Raz- Berry) (08/05/89)

In article <[958]un.amiga@tronsbox.UUCP> tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
>Hello --

Hi.

>Just got ARexx version 1.0 from the local store and am working with it with
>Lattice 5.02.

>I have installed it , and the include files. I m attemtion to build
>"fancydemo.c" but I get errors...

>================ makefile ==================================
># These are set to -n for compiling and -g for linking for DEBUGGING
># The +x5 means to generate inline code for strcpy() strlen() and strcmp()
>CFLAGS=-n
>LFLAGS=-g
>
>FANCYOBJS=fancydemo.o rexxglue.o
>
>fancy:  $(FANCYOBJS)
>  ln $(LFLAGS) $(FANCYOBJS) -lc
>
>fancydemo.o: storage.h

Someone correct me if this is wrong...

 This makefile looks suspiciously like a Manx makefile. Does Lattuce
use ln in version 5.0?? I thought BLINK was the linker name. Also the
+x5 flag for the compiler is definately a manxisim.

 There should be another file on the disk to allow Lattice people to
complile the programs too... Most likely it will be a script file.

 Other than that, the compiler is complaining that it can't find the
three functions:

>_CreateArgstring
>_DeleteRexxMsg
>_CreateRexxMsg

 These references are located in the rexxglue.o bindings. It should
have worked if you used manx...

>* UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  uunet!mimsy!oddjob!clout!ddsw1!tronsbox!tron1 *

---
Steve -Raz- Berry     Disclaimer: It wasn't me! I was volatilizing my esters.
UUCP: sun!kilowatt!raz                   ARPA: raz%kilowatt.EBay@sun.com
KILOWATT: sun!kilowatt!archive-server    archive-server%kilowatt.EBay@sun.com

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (08/07/89)

From article <[958]un.amiga@tronsbox.UUCP>, by tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM):
> Hello --
>
> Just got ARexx version 1.0 from the local store and am working with it with
> Lattice 5.02.

I can't help you with the problem but check the version of AREXX. V1.10 is
available now ($5.00 upgrade from Bill Hawes), and it fixes a few bugs plus
is much faster. Mine was version 1.05 (I think) when I bought it a year ago.
I have never called Bill for help, but it sounds like he is
very responsive. Apparently there is a new patch (v5.04) for Lattice also. I
guess it is time for me to look into this too.

--
"Hot Damn! Groat Cakes Again                   Michael Figg
Heavy on the thirty weight!"                   DLA Systems Automation Center