[comp.sys.amiga] PDC 3.30, FTP in general from VMS

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (08/08/89)

In article <7200121@m.cs.uiuc.edu>, hummel@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> Since some people have reported difficulty FTP'ing to uihub, I've also placed
> the PDC Software Distribution (PDC Release 3.30) on uiucdcs:
>
> 		128.174.252.1	a.cs.uiuc.edu uiucdcs uiucdcsa
>
> 				< Lionel

Does anyone out there use FTP on a VAX/VMS system? I'll be damned if I can get
it to successfully receive a file (in BINARY, the last entry in the zoo archive
is always bungled & zoo bombs out. Much worse in Ascii mode). (Transferring it
to my Amiga is much worse, I have resorted to UUENCODING stuff and decoding it
on the Amiga, which works OK but is generally a long procedure. If anyone can
point me to a program, like Xmodem, or Ymodem, or Zmodem, or anything but the
accursedly slow kermit, (for VMS, I'll even take source code for another
machine that I could muck with) I would be very appreciative).
Thanks for any help you can offer...

--
James A. Treworgy               "You should have seen me with the poker man,
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu     I had a honey and I bet a grand,