[comp.sys.amiga] ARP 1.3 Concern

detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (08/08/89)

In a recent article, John Sparks <sparks@corpane.uucp> wrote:
> The reason I don't use arp is because of the pesky arp.liq{rary that has to be
> around. I always seem to get into a situation where I need it but the arp
> program can't seem to find it. It's more a hassle than anything else.
Valentin responded with:
>God! Did you not know you are supposed to put the arp.library in the LIBS:
>directory? There is even a program, ArpInstall which will do everything
>easely for you!
>How did you ever manage to get on this net?
>Valentin
It would seem to me that John was experiencing the same problem I did when I
installed ARP on my BOOT disk, copied SOME things to RAM:, and did a few ASSIGNs,
i.e., forgot to setup a RAM:LIBS and ASSIGN it so that when I popped out my
BOOT disk and something had flushed ARP.LIBRARY, I wouldn't get the requester
the next time I did a DIR or something.  It seemed to me to be a silly, but
easy, mistake on my part and now that ARP.LIBRARY goes into RAD:, there are
no further problems.  Further more, I realize many of you have hard disks, gobs
of RAM, etc., but I don't believe John's post negated his right to be part of
this net.  Are we getting that high and mighty that we can't deal with the
neophites (not that John is one, he's been around awhile) anymore?????
Cheers, Dave

CMSgt David K. Detert, USAF    MILNet: detert@lognet2.af.mil