[comp.sys.amiga] GRAPHICS LIB STRUCTURE

kelvin.rempel@canremote.uucp (KELVIN REMPEL) (08/04/89)

   I'm looking for the Structure of the Graphics Library, does anyone
know where I can find this or does anyone have it..  what I want to know
is what is at every location, (I.E. at 38 bytes into the structure is
the original copper list, etc..)

 * QNet 1.03a2: Pokey's Place Winnipeg, MB (204) 253-1342 (HST) <<SmartNet>>

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) (08/09/89)

In article <89080709104696@masnet.uucp> kelvin.rempel@canremote.uucp (KELVIN REMPEL) writes:

>   I'm looking for the Structure of the Graphics Library, does anyone
>know where I can find this or does anyone have it..  what I want to know
>is what is at every location, (I.E. at 38 bytes into the structure is
>the original copper list, etc..)

The newest ROM Kernel Manual (Includes & Autodocs) has some of the structure
information.  The big question is -- what do you need this information for?
If you want to access the system structures, you don't need to know the
internal structure of graphics.library, just the system structures.  And
if you're planning on doing some hack or other to graphics.library, be
warned that it isn't going to be the same from revision to revision, and
any hack you do is very unlikely to work on all machines.

Trying to access the system libraries directly (or any of the ROM code,
system private structures, or system globals, for that matter) is a BAD
idea, best left to the C/64 programmers.  You can do just about anything
you want to do without it, and if you can't, should think seriously about
whether you really want to or not.  Breaking the OS is not a very friendly
thing to do.

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.usa