[comp.sys.amiga] After the storm has calmed down

tom@philica.ica.philips.nl (Tom van Peer) (08/09/89)

I remember from a few months ago a discussion about where to post ARexx
scripts.  Apparently people had been piling up huge amounts of scripts and
didn't know whether they should post them to comp.sys.amiga, comp.lang.rexx or
to comp.sources.amiga.  This discussion lasted for at least a month and after
that it has been remarkably quiet.  I just finished browsing through 762
comp.sys.amiga articles (I'll never take a vacation that long again) and not a
single ARexx script was among them.  I've seen the term vaporware in this group
a lot lately, is this a typical case of it ?  I can't imagine it is modesty
that keeps people from publishing scripts, is it ?

--
Tom van Peer.

E-mail: tom@ica.philips.nl

rap@peck.ardent.com (Rob Peck) (08/11/89)

In article <112@philica.ica.philips.nl> tom@.ica.philips.nl (Tom van Peer) writes:
>I remember from a few months ago a discussion about where to post ARexx
>scripts.  Apparently people had been piling up huge amounts of scripts and
>didn't know whether they should post them to comp.sys.amiga, comp.lang.rexx or
>to comp.sources.amiga.  This discussion lasted for at least a month and after
>that it has been remarkably quiet.  I just finished browsing through 762
>comp.sys.amiga articles (I'll never take a vacation that long again) and not a
>single ARexx script was among them.  I've seen the term vaporware in this group
>a lot lately, is this a typical case of it ?  I can't imagine it is modesty
>that keeps people from publishing scripts, is it ?

So if they don't feel like posting them, but if they eventually want to
share them with the Amiga community, they can always EMAIL or SNAIL them
to me.  I am collecting information for the Amiga Companion, Volume II,
to begin where the first one left off.  One of the large parts of this
will be an AREXX tutorial, based on the AREXX class that I gave at
Ami Expo Chicago.  Examples of useful scripts would certainly be welcomed
and gratefully acknowledged.

Rob Peck

    ...uunet!ardent!rap      or: DATAPATH, POBox 1828, Los Gatos, CA 95031