[comp.sys.amiga] A500 clock gone senile

rademach@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Simon Rademacher) (08/10/89)

I've seen people mention clock problems before, but have not seen this one.

About once every month (but for a while there, about once a week) my internal
clock (on the A501) will return the wrong date/time.  It is always a legit
value and can be in the past or future.  I have no problems resetting and
saving it but I'm wondering what's causing it.  Could it just be an errant
program or might it be a more serious hardware problem (like the battery)?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

=======================================
=          Simon Rademacher           =
= rademach%tramp@boulder.colorado.edu =

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (08/10/89)

In article <10619@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, rademach@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Simon Rademacher) writes:

> I've seen people mention clock problems before, but have not seen this one.
>
> About once every month (but for a while there, about once a week) my internal
> clock (on the A501) will return the wrong date/time.  It is always a legit
> value and can be in the past or future.  I have no problems resetting and
> saving it but I'm wondering what's causing it.  Could it just be an errant
> program or might it be a more serious hardware problem (like the battery)?

I have found that some programs (usually games that take over the system) mess
up the clock. On my computer, I made the startup sequence show the time right
away so that I could see if it had been munged. Next time your clock is messed
up, try fixing it & using whatever piece of software you had just used.

--
James A. Treworgy
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu

rademach@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Simon Rademacher) (08/11/89)

Just a cliarification on my original post (deleted for brevity):  It is
the battery backed up clock on the A501 that is giving the wrong time via
setclock opt load.  Apparently, there was some confusion.