[comp.sys.amiga] which would you do?

mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) (08/11/89)

If you were CEO/PRESIDENT/GOD at CBM which would you do, spend 14 million on
advertising, or spend part of that money on getting ALL the 1.4-type goodies
out before Christmas?  Would that be possible?  Is this a moot issue?

-Evan

|    Evan Jay Mitchell                 EECS/ERL Industrial Liaison Program    |
|    mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu       University of California at Berkeley   |
|    Phone: (415) 643-6687                                                    |
|              "Think, it ain't illegal...yet!" - George Clinton              |
|_____________________________________________________________________________|

jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) (08/11/89)

In article <30536@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) writes:
| If you were CEO/PRESIDENT/GOD at CBM which would you do,

Do it all, of course.  Silly question.  :-)

--
Jim Wright
jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (08/11/89)

In article <30536@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) writes:
> If you were CEO/PRESIDENT/GOD at CBM which would you do, spend 14 million on
> advertising, or spend part of that money on getting ALL the 1.4-type goodies
> out before Christmas?  Would that be possible?  Is this a moot issue?
>
> -Evan

Spending $7 million dollars on AmigaDos 1.4 ain't gonna sell any Amigas.
Spending $14 million (instead of 7) on advertising is.
--
James A. Treworgy
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu

ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) (08/11/89)

In article <30536@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) writes:
>If you were CEO/PRESIDENT/GOD at CBM which would you do, spend 14 million on
>advertising, or spend part of that money on getting ALL the 1.4-type goodies
>out before Christmas?  Would that be possible?  Is this a moot issue?

	The only way to do it is advertise. Putting that money into 1.4
development (a) wouldn't help and (b) wouldn't provide the return that
advertising will.
--
First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
                                                                    \\ / /