[comp.sys.amiga] Have aliens sucked up all sources?

dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) (08/09/89)

Howdy,
   To keep a rather simple question simple, is it safe for me to assume
that there are no more sources available for the Amiga anywhere?  I mean,
if there are no more sources, do I need to buy more disks?  If the
comp.[sources|binaries].amiga newsgroups are any indicator then perhaps
my assumptions are valid.

   Our records show exactly 8 programs posted since June 21st.  These
consist of Mandelvroom, iff2sun, archie, file, hopalong, gnused, anncs
and cachecard.  This covers a period of almost seven weeks.  The amiga
source/binary groups have been equally dead for almost 5 months.

   So, what do YOU think?  Are you pleased with the amiga source/binary
group?  Are you upset?  Worth mentioning perhaps...

NOTE:  The objective of this message was not hositility; rather, a sincere
        question regarding the USENET as a reliable source for quality
        Amiga programs.                    --------

--
dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
                   Copper Electronics, Inc.

In article <758@coplex.UUCP> dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) writes:
>   Our records show exactly 8 programs posted since June 21st.  These

>   So, what do YOU think?  Are you pleased with the amiga source/binary
>group?  Are you upset?  Worth mentioning perhaps...
>
>NOTE:  The objective of this message was not hositility; rather, a sincere
>        question regarding the USENET as a reliable source for quality
>        Amiga programs.                    --------

I think Mr. Page does an excellent job. Most stuff on binaries|sources comes
through in spurts. It's dead for a about 2 or 3 weeks then wham here comes
10 more programs.

Mr. Page also has a full time job on top of doing the sources and binaries
postings, so we have to wait until he has the time.

Also, maybe there is a problem with nobody sending him anything? So maybe
you might try sending him a gob o' stuff to post, eh? Might be better to send
a list of filenames first to make sure that it hasn't already been posted
before.

It is reliable, you just have to wait a bit.
--
John Sparks   |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps
Cheerio-Magnetics: The tendency of the last few cheerios in a bowl of milk
to cling together for survival.