[comp.sys.amiga] A590, A2024

mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) (08/12/89)

To somebody official (i.e. Commodore or authorized dealer):

How much is the A590 (with and without Ram)?  Does it only come in a 20 meg
configuration?  How about selling the controller/case/ram and letting the
user get his own hard disk.  20 megs seems like serious underkill, I've got
well over 20 megs of PD stuff I would like to have on hard disk.

I read somewhere that the A2024 monochrome moniter is shipping in europe.
How much will this be?  Why should I buy this instead of a Princeton Graphics
Max 15, which is only 220.00 mail order?

-Evan
|    Evan Jay Mitchell                 EECS/ERL Industrial Liaison Program    |
|    mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu       University of California at Berkeley   |
|    Phone: (415) 643-6687                                                    |
|              "Think, it ain't illegal...yet!" - George Clinton              |
|_____________________________________________________________________________|

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) (08/13/89)

mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) writes:
>I read somewhere that the A2024 monochrome moniter is shipping in europe.
>How much will this be?  Why should I buy this instead of a Princeton Graphics
>Max 15, which is only 220.00 mail order?

Because the Princeton won't give you the extremely hi-res output of
the A2024.  It doesn't have the necessary ciruitry to allow it.  It's
not just a matter of connecting the video output of the Amiga to the
monitor - the monitor itself does significant processing.

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.usa