[comp.sys.amiga] Mac drives and RF modulators

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (George Gibeau) (08/12/89)

Received newest Jameco catalog, few items of interest to Amiga owners.

Genuine Commodore RF modulator kit - will allow Amiga to be hooked
up to television (even passes sound - works on A1000, not sure of others)
I think originally CBM was selling these for about $70, Jameco is selling
them for $3.95 - nice if you do not want to buy 2 monitors, but want to
drag the machine around.

Another item of interest is a Macintosh drive that I know for a
fact will work with the AMAX software/hardware.  They are selling it
for $189 (dumb me forgot catalog and cannot remember name, I think it
is Tall Technologies, Inc or something like that), anyway, this is much
cheaper than I have seen MAC drives.  Friend has same drive on his AMAX
and it works flawlessly.

Jamecos ads can also be found in other computer mags, (ie Computer SHopper)
their phone number is (415) 592-8097

DISCLAIMER - I am in no way associated with Jameco, but I have purchased the
RF modulator and have seen the MAC drive in action and IMHO I thought
they have good prices on some equipment that may be of use to others,
so there ;-).

George Gibeau

--
During the last year, more people have seen Elvis than have seen
Amiga ads, BUT - this is changing for the better   ;-) ;-) ;-)

451061@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Valentin Pepelea) (08/13/89)

George Gibeau <ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu> writes in message <1773@ucqais.uc.edu>

> Genuine Commodore RF modulator kit - will allow Amiga to be hooked
> up to television (even passes sound - works on A1000, not sure of others)
> I think originally CBM was selling these for about $70, Jameco is selling
> them for $3.95 - nice if you do not want to buy 2 monitors, but want to
> drag the machine around.

Gee, that RF modulator which allowed the Amiga to display 80 columns on a
standard NTSC TV set, eh? That's quite a bargain at $3.95!

Valentin
The godess of democracy? "The           Name:   Valentin Pepelea
tyrants may destroy a statue,           Phonet: (613) 231-7476
but they cannot kill a god."            Bitnet: 451061@Uottawa.bitnet
                                        Usenet: Use cunyvm.cuny.edu gate
                   - Confucius          Planet: 451061@acadvm1.UOttawa.CA

jmpiazza@sunybcs.uucp (Joseph M. Piazza) (08/13/89)

In article <1773@ucqais.uc.edu> ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (George Gibeau) writes:
>Received newest Jameco catalog, few items of interest to Amiga owners.
>

>Another item of interest is a Macintosh drive that I know for a
>fact will work with the AMAX software/hardware.  They are selling it
>for $189 (dumb me forgot catalog and cannot remember name, I think it
>is Tall Technologies, Inc or something like that), anyway, this is much
>cheaper than I have seen MAC drives.  Friend has same drive on his AMAX
>and it works flawlessly.

	I have a Cutting Edge drive which is available from major Mac mail
order houses (MacConnection, MacWarehouse, et al.) for $150.  It works fine
with my A-Max also, though I have seen a report or two that some people had
to make some simple mods to their A-Max to get it to work.  The instructions
for the mod came from Ready-Soft -- the A-Max manufacturer.  I am not
certain whether it was an older Cutting Edge drive or not.

Flip side,

	joe piazza