[comp.sys.amiga] Platinum OnLine!

detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (08/15/89)

has anyone received any info on fixes to the many bugs in Platinum
OnLine! (3.0)?  I'm getting closer to taking Marco up on his suggestion to
see if OXXI still has a trade-in special for A-Talk III.  I still have
a few weeks before I can get a chance to test drive A-Talk III, but I'm
getting more anxious by the hour.  Sometimes I'm not really sure why,
because OnLine! 2.x works fine for what I do.  I guess it's just a way
of expressing my dissatisfaction with MSS and their buggy software.
I believe every upgrade has ahd bugs that needed to be fix by 1.1, 2.1,
2.10, 2.11, etc.  Why couldn't 3.0 be solid?  How many strikes is that
in baseball again?????  Cheers, Dave

CMSgt David K. Detert, USAF    MILNet:  de:{ert<at>lognet2.af.mil

PS.  Does anyone have ANYTHING bad to say about A-Talk III??;-);-)

spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce) (08/15/89)

The current version of OnLine! Platinum is 3.02.  I called Micro-Systems
Software and told them I was having problems with OnLine!.  I sent them
version 3.0, and they very promptly returned 3.02.  I wouldn't say it's
perfect, but it's much better than 3.0.

Stuart Pierce

jwilliam@esunix.UUCP (Jerry Williams) (08/17/89)

In article <21671@louie.udel.EDU>, detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) writes:
> has anyone received any info on fixes to the many bugs in Platinum
> OnLine! (3.0)?

  I received 3.1 but it isn't any better. It is still so bad that I
can't even use it. And I don't really want to debug it for them.

> I'm getting closer to taking Marco up on his suggestion to
> see if OXXI still has a trade-in special for A-Talk III.

 I would also like to know about any trade-in offer.

> CMSgt David K. Detert, USAF    MILNet:  de:{ert<at>lognet2.af.mil
>
> PS.  Does anyone have ANYTHING bad to say about A-Talk III??;-);-)

Same here. Would like a review of A-Talk III.
--
Jerry Williams @ Evans & Sutherland    560 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
UUCP Addresses:  {ihnp4,ucbvax,allegra,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!jwilliam