[comp.sys.amiga] M2Sprint's output directory?

agollum@engr.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) (08/14/89)

I'm using M2Sprint ver. 1.0 for the Amiga, and I have a problem.  Is
there a way to tell M2Sprint where to put the .sym, .lnk, and program
files generated by the compiler and linker?  When started from the
workbench, it puts the files either in the main directory of the
compiler disk, or else in the main directory of SYS:.  When starting
m2E from a CLI, it puts them in the CLI's current directory.  There
is not one word about this in the manual that I can find.

Does the ver. 1.1 upgrade fix any of this?

Kenneth Herron

dsking@pyr.gatech.EDU ( David King) (08/17/89)

In article <2954@ukecc.engr.uky.edu> agollum@ukecc.UUCP (Kenneth Herron) writes:
>I'm using M2Sprint ver. 1.0 for the Amiga, and I have a problem.  Is
>there a way to tell M2Sprint where to put the .sym, .lnk, and program
>files generated by the compiler and linker?  When started from the
>workbench, it puts the files either in the main directory of the
>compiler disk, or else in the main directory of SYS:.  When starting
>m2E from a CLI, it puts them in the CLI's current directory.  There
>is not one word about this in the manual that I can find.
>
>Does the ver. 1.1 upgrade fix any of this?

	In a word, yes.  With the 1.1 upgrade you can independently specify
the input and output directories of both the compiler and the linker.

	I would highly recommend the 1.1 upgrade as its only $35 which is
deducted from the 2.0 upgrade price and it provides the ARP 1.3 modules as
well as a faster compiler (can't go grab a coke while its compiling anymore).

NOTE: I AM a very happy M2Sprint beta-tester so I'm biased.

			- David

--
 David King - 	FROM Disclaimers IMPORT TiredGradStudent;
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!dsking