[comp.sys.amiga] People who just cant read

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (08/17/89)

/* Don't drink and hardware hack */

In Message <202@crash.cts.com>, root@crash.cts.com (Super user) writes:

>Network Comment: to #1818 by sneakers@heimat.UUCP
>
>Dan says we should post the numbers of such pirate boards.  Well, I have a
>duzey for you.  Seems there is one right in my area called "The Link to
>Perfection" and it hosts the crackings of a well-known cracker (group or
>individual, I don't know) Quartex.  It's unbelievable the items that have been
>cracked and distributed by these people.  If you want to call the phone number
>is 201/679-8477.  Don't expect to get access though.  You can only get access
>by referral.  This board carries only the NEWEST stuff.  I mean stuff that has
>only been cracked for 2 days or less!
>
>I don't have access myself, but I do know of a few people who do.  Who knows,
>if you can BS real good, maybe you can get access and see what this piracy
>deal is all about yourself!
>
>-- Bob

  I logged onto BERKS AMIGA BBS tonight and found this message waiting for me:

--< Begin BBS capture >--

 Msg: #10242  Sec: 3 - FEEDBACK - SYSOP'S
      16-Aug-89  03:05 PM
Subj: User comment
From: Quartex Rules
  To: SYSOP

Well, this is the sysop of the Quartex HQ....That was pretty funny putting my
number up....But you are wrong on two points: First of all, who are you to say
what I do on my PRIVATE bbs? You have been on here? And you have evidence I
condone Piracy?????? Pretty weird...So I guess we are guilty in America,
BEFORE we have evidence?? Second of all, believe or not, there are laws
protecting me and my system, just like it protects you...Before you go
shooting your mouth open about "what you know" why don't you find out first
hand....And NO, you cannot "bullshit" me to getting access...So be sure to
leave this on Usenet...I have ears and eyes all over (I happen to be on
Usenet) Thanks for the advertisement and 'notoriety'! Also, noone has tried to
log on from Usenet, either.... By the way, attempting to gain access to a
private BBS through illegal or false pretenses is AGAINST the law (as you,
should know, Dan) ...Shall I send some of my buddies over to examine your
system??? Also, funny how no one asks how you got my number???? you grabbing
some of that NASTY pirate wares??? OR did someone complain to ya....Call me
sometine and we'll shoot the shit about the REAL WORLD...... You got my
number.....

--< End BBS capture >--

  Before reading Bob's message I had no idea what the he!! this confused
  person was talking (typing ?) about. Now that I do know all I can say
  is perhaps the SYSOP of this Quartex HQ should take a course in reading
  and understanding ENGLISH ;-)

  Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS