[comp.sys.amiga] Amax and LUCAS???

sjk@ut-emx.UUCP (bob) (08/17/89)

I'm considering getting Amax for my 1000 so I can run some of their
graphing and plotting programs (I need 3 d scatter plots among other
things ....). Anyhow, does anyone have any experience running one
of these with LUCAS/FRANCES?

Thanks,
Scot
sjk@astro.as.utexas.edu
Bdah! - M

johnhlee@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Vince Lee) (08/18/89)

In article <17236@ut-emx.UUCP> sjk@ut-emx.UUCP (bob) writes:
>I'm considering getting Amax for my 1000 so I can run some of their
>graphing and plotting programs (I need 3 d scatter plots among other
>things ....). Anyhow, does anyone have any experience running one
>of these with LUCAS/FRANCES?

I have been unable to get LUCAS to run at all with my AMAX.  Instead, the
machine usually crashes while booting.  I have a switchable machine and
AMAX works with the 68000.

I don't know why.  Any ideas, anyone?

mark@xrtll.UUCP (Mark Vange) (08/19/89)

In article <17236@ut-emx.UUCP>, sjk@ut-emx.UUCP (bob) writes:
> I'm considering getting Amax for my 1000 so I can run some of their
> graphing and plotting programs (I need 3 d scatter plots among other
> things ....). Anyhow, does anyone have any experience running one
> of these with LUCAS/FRANCES?

Just called up the guy who wrote it and asked him the same question.  They
appearantly have tried it both with the Lucas as well as other 68020 boards
(for the 2000, of course) and everything runs very happily.

BTW, no I have no relationship with Readysoft, just in case you're wondering.

--
Mark Vange				Phone Death Threats to:
PAS Systems - "Plain and Simple"	(416) 730-1352  mark@xrtll