[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaTrek 3.0

detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (08/08/89)

I trust everyone has seem Mike Smithwick's AmigaTrek 4.0.  It was great
and it's amazing how close the Star Trek V.  Anyway, I missed 3.0 during
the most recent virus disruption to ARPANet and subsequent of my host
systems security.  Is there any kind soul out there that has the 3rd
episode that could email it to me.  I would really appreciate it.  I
can't wait for Mike to send it off to Fred or Bob (which is what he
told me he was going to do RSN).  Thanks in advance.  Dave

CMSgt David K Detert, USAF       MILNet:  detert<at>lognet2.af.mil

detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (08/14/89)

I'm still waiting for a response for my post last week about needing
version 3.0 of AmigaTrek text by Mike Smithwick.  I can't believe
nobody has a copy laying around close that they could send me.  I've
already sent off 2 copies of 0.0, 1.0, 2.0 and 4.0 to folks who joined
the net too late to see them.  Could some kind soul PLEASE look through
their files and help me get my AmigaTrek fix.  Cheers, Dave

CMSgt David k. Detert, USAF    MILNet:  detert<at>lognet2.af.mil

detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (08/16/89)

I just want to let everyone that I finally received a copy of version
3.0 of AmigaTrek (along with 4 requests for me to send various versions
to other folks).  Thanks to Kent Polk for 3.0 and for the others I'll
send all versions as soon as I verify that I can find a path back to
everyone.  Thanks again, Dave

CMSgt David K. Detert, USAF    MILNet:  detert<at>lognet2.af.mil

mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) (08/20/89)

[AmigaTrek : Doing for Usenet, what Morton Downy did for Televison!]

In article <21770@louie.udel.EDU> detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) writes:
>I just want to let everyone that I finally received a copy of version
>3.0 of AmigaTrek (along with 4 requests for me to send various versions
>to other folks).  Thanks to Kent Polk for 3.0 and for the others I'll
>send all versions as soon as I verify that I can find a path back to
>everyone.  Thanks again, Dave
>
>CMSgt David K. Detert, USAF    MILNet:  detert<at>lognet2.af.mil

Gee, I didn't know that they were that popular to have drawn so many
requests for back issues. I hope that the new Galileo-whatever it's
going to be called will be as popular. Maybe I oughtta bundle it with
Atrek 5.0 :-).

By the way, many gracias to all who entered into my "name Mike Smithwick's
Product Contest". The official Contest Name Selection committee will
be in conclave on Monday nite or so. And after the warm-up excersises
and ritual opening meal of pizza and beer we oughtta be tanked enough
to choose an appropriate name for the thing.

I received over 100 email responses, many with over a half-dozen
names (Laurn Brown-where was your entry, hmmmm?). I also got a
neat company name in the deal as well. There were too many responses
to send email thanks to everyone without costing Uncle Sam more money
than the B-2 ignition switch. . .

Now, if all of you guys and gals who entered would buy the product,
I'd really be in business :-).

          *** mike (still looking for a publisher) smithwick ***

"Los Angeles : Where neon goes to die"
[disclaimer : nope, I don't work for NASA, I take full blame for my ideas]