[comp.sys.amiga] Comments on your machine

dvac@drutx.ATT.COM (Daniel Vachon) (08/19/89)

This is cross posted to Amiga and Atari ST boards bacause I am really
curious what the individual machine owners think about their computers.

I would appreciate any input from anyone on this matter.  I am currently
an Apple // user (have been for the last 7 years .. religiously!), and
recently I don't care much for Apple's direction on the Apple // line.
I have been seeing Apple //'ers from the past switching to Atari ST's
and Commodore Amigas.   I would like to know the good points and the bad
points about these machines....

Mainly the Atari 520ST, the Amiga 500, the Atari 1020ST, and the Amiga 2000.

Any info that anyone would be willing to offer would be appreciated.  I am
also somewhat interested in MIDI, and would like to know a bit about the
MIDI interfaces of these machines.  Also, MAC and IBM emulator information
is a lot of help too.   Thanks in advance for any and all help.

If anyone would like to get a copy of all the replies I get, let me know and
I will e-mail the synopsis.

Later - Dan Vachon -  arpa!att!drutx!dvac

rap@peck.ardent.com (Rob Peck) (08/22/89)

In article <12057@drutx.ATT.COM> dvac@drutx.ATT.COM (Daniel Vachon) writes:

>I would appreciate any input from anyone on this matter.  I am currently
>an Apple // user (have been for the last 7 years .. religiously!), and
>recently I don't care much for Apple's direction on the Apple // line.

Just as a point of interest.  I am paraphrasing, here, because I don't
have the AD in front of me, but Winner's Circle Systems in Berkeley, CA
has in their current AD in MicroTimes that they are having a big sale
on Apple II software (25-50% off and more).  Along with that, they have
an interesting little note in that same highlighted segment of the ad:
"Soon to no longer be the largest seller of Apple II software in the world"

LOVE the grammer, but more-so amused by the sentiment.

Rob Peck